Latex handguards gluing to rubber gloves fail

Well, i was gluing my latex handguards to my rubber gloves, was going good until this happened.

roPlqtl.jpg

Was wiping the excess CA glue that began to run, rag got glued to my glove, and tore my glove :/

This is my first time gluing handguards to gloves, so if you could so kindly......PLEASE HELP!

I got about 50% of the handguard glued up to this point, is there a way to remove the handguard(i used CA glue with a prep marker)?

Is there a way to possibly repair the hole in the glove(these are AP's rubber gloves)?

Or am i basically SOL and needing to either buy another set of handguards, or just buy them already glued from trooperbay?

So freakin frustrated....

You can save the handguards... Try to remove them but if they stick or look like they're going to tear, cut them free of the gloves.

Take some fine grit sandpaper to the backs, and be sure to tack down one corner while you're wearing them, and glue the whole thing down while you're not wearing them.

• Like 1

My first guard to glove glue attempt was a fail too. CA leaked all over the place, over my masking tape. No way I could get any off. However all the rubber (glove) did peel off the hand guards. Totally destroyed the gloves, but at $5- that was an acceptable sacrifice. 

Rip them off and start again....

I did mine one side at a time, and used the glue a little more sparingly.

• Like 1

The handguards must be thrown out- please send them to me for disposal!  

Like the comments above, same here.  First attempt was E-6000.   They did not stick at all and fell off.  Second attempt with different glue I used WAY too much glue and I had a big mess of dried glue all over the gloves.  Cut the gloves out and re-glued the handguards on another pair with about half the glue- success on the third try! 

We need to find us some thin leather gloves to use Andrew- it's going to be hot this summer!

Edited by Tusken RTT
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the help!

Going to the store for another set of gloves tonight!

Scott, i already got some Nomex gloves ;) ill let ya try em on at the armor party next week!

Well, just for the sake of anyone reading this that MAY run into the same problem, I got it all situated!

I pulled apart as much rubber as i could from the latex handguard(DO NOT FORCE IT BECAUSE IT COULD RIP YOUR HANDGUARD), and then I just simply trimmed around the edges of the handguard, got another set of gloves, and reglued.

When i glued, i took the advice of DarkCMF(Tim) and put the rubber glove on, prepped the area of ONE corner, got the handguard into position, applied the glue, and pressed down.

Then i took the glove off after the glue dried and the handguard was secured, and commenced with gluing the rest of the handguard to the glove. This way, the handguard is in perfect positioning and you can avoid runs of super glue.

I used Loctites Plastic Bonding System Glue, a suggestion from Gazmosis(Steve). Works AMAZINGLY! Its a two part glue, come with a prep marker and a regular sized bottle of super glue(CA glue). And yes this prep pen DOES work with any super glue, so if you run out, hopefully you have a stock pile of various super glues like myself :)