ANH HERO TK lid, convert an rspropmasters stunt or

Hi Folks.

First actual post, but have actually been lurking around for a while, Im from Ireland and have always Wanted to do a TK, but specifically a ANH Hero TK.

I have been Researching Armour and been reading this Site Since Around last August, you guys know so Much so I would Like to pick you brains if possible,

I have Everything I need except the actual armour and Lid/Bucket, as I mentioned it Must be an ANH Hero TK, It something I loved since I was a kid(2 when ANH came out) nothing wrong with the Stunts they look Awesome I have always just prefered the more Angry look of the hero,

Has anyone got experience of converting a RSpropmasters stunt lid into a hero? And what in Detail involved

I know:

- Replacemnt ears: Are there makers of these? or Anyone who Can Supply?

- replacemnt lenses: again Likewise , I want the bubble green, and also I need some information on the Brow frown and do I need to trim the Sockets To get the ANH hero Look and how Would I go about this?

-  Frown and teeth,  how would I fill in the teeth , and what would I use?

- I wanted to get the Lid built For me, but would I need to Repaint?  and so Would it be better for me to get it shipped not already built and Convert From there?

- there is something Mentioned about a spot on one of the cheeks?

- Novi Mics Are ok? or need replacement?

Anything else Im missing,, Im new to this so, I would prefer if i could out source this Conversion if needs be.

I have my heart set on TM kit, and have been in touch but Im not sure if we are getting anywhere yet,, and Im kinda againest the wall on a time Scale now.. so I am purely  exploring options.. they are just options at that,, I want a TM kit :-)

Thanks Guys

Rob

Edited by dark_jedi_ire

My thoughts are converting a helmet that started life as stunt will never give you a truly authentic hero look without MAJOR work on the faceplate.  Hero helmets (for some reason) are wider set than stunt.  They don't have that squashed appearance.

On top of that, you have to use bondo or filler for the teeth, which would require painting, which is not accurate for a Hero.  Heros were raw, unpainted ABS.

I say, go for a TM.  Don't know why he's hesitant to make you one.  It shouldn't take that long.

Yeah, Rob.... I'm with Veedox on this one.  I'm not sure what the delay is with TM.  He's a great guy to work with, very responsive, and he offers a Hero bucket.  

Have you attempted to contact him and not heard back from him yet?  Perhaps somehow you didn't have the correct contact info, or did you actually have contact with him and there's some other sort of delay?

Having said all that, dependent upon your size, RT-Mod also offers Hero buckets, but keep in mind that it is sculpted to 4% larger scale than screen-used armor.  So, unless you're a bit on the taller/larger size, it may look a bit wonky if partnered with standard sized armor.  I can also tell you that Rob's armor list for 2015 is already full, so if it is an entire armor kit that you want, it will be a substantial wait.

Seeing as you're near the UK though.... TM would be my first choice if I were you.

Edited by Dark CMF

Well, I know, that Troopermaster is up to his ears in work and that around New Year he was trying vigourously to step down and cancel some orders, but nevertheless, wait until Paul has had some time for himself and is ready to take new orders.

I waited quite some time for my armor and I am still waiting for the strapping kit, but I am prepared to wait a year for any news from him, because his stuff is so goddam worth the wait!

Believe me!

Hero lid?

Troopermaster!

YOu don;t have to fill and paint the last two tooth indents. If you can get yourself a hold of a hobby iron, you can heat massage the teeth back into their original position from the inside of the face plate. If you are going to do this with RS, you won;t have to wait long because the face plastic is really thin. Just don;t have the heat setting up too high.

• Like 1

Well after about 10 Seconds of posting this I got a message from TM saying he is starting my gear,, So,, Im over The moon, :-) to Say the least ...

Bloody Typical... haha...

Paul has been great to be honest, great to chat to and he has been understanding and his patience with My constants update requests etc, outstanding,

Such a top bloke, great to deal with and great at getting back to me  :-) So I wasnt saying anything there, at all, not Even slightly

I know how much he has been up to his eyeballs.. well when your the best no wonder your in such High demand

As I Mentioned I was exploring an option, which is why I put this question out there,,, I didnt really want to have to go down that road trust me, but it was a option, and I needed To explore, even to put the question out there to see if it was even workable, jezz  even the thoughts of having to do all that work, gave me a headache, For me it was always going to be a HERO TK,

I have my heart set on the best and I was willing to Wait for it, and now it looks like it is happening...  Joy :-)

I will let you know how I get on

Thanks Guys for your reponses, I will be back for help in building the kit,, god knows I going to need it lol...

I have everything I need, and ordered Darman`s neckseal and My gloves from Sonnenschein arrived a while ago and both and excellent work and Im really happy with, now I need to look at echo`s Fan system,,  Also ordered Johns romfx static burst kit,, so its like Christmas at the moment haha

Rob

Edited by dark_jedi_ire

I know and I was about to get it, but right now with All other purchases in the last few Months, it was just that little bit more than I could afford,

Even without the armour, I think Ive spend about 800 - 1000 euro on Extras,,  that and kitting My wife`s Royal guard out  :-)

I will use darmans for now and will be getting Veedox`s  in the coming months,, thats a given :-) I was trying to get tk409.coms neck seal but I ended up

canceling that with paypal, due to no contact etc, seems a Few around here have had Similar issues :-)

• Like 1