Rubies Rebels Blaster question

alittleshort

It's missing quite a few pieces for basic approval, it would need an add on kit similar to the Dooyps kit for Hasbro's

It's missing quite a few pieces for basic approval, it would need an add on kit similar to the Dooyps kit for Hasbro's

Why do you say that? What's it missing? I thought all the previous discussions was that it was pretty good. It only seems to be missing the cylinders which aren't required until EIB, and in fact not at all if you're going ESB.

Edit - or am I mixing up the rubies 'Rebels' and the rubies 'E-11'?

Edited by Sith Lord

You don't need a blaster for basic approval.... If you do plan to include it in approval pics, in my opinion, it can pass if you fill in the holes and paint it black.

The CRL states (level 1): 

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

This CRL was written well before this toy blaster came out and is directed, I think, more at the Hasbro than anything else. The only thing it is really missing is the power cylinders. Unlike the Hasbro which is missing the clip, a proper counter and accurately shaped scope, the Rubies is pretty close in all those details. The T-tracks are little weird, though. It would need more significant modifications for level 2, though.

I'm not sure if it would fit an Arduino board or not, as I've not dealt with them before. I have 3 Rubies that I'm building up to different levels but haven't done anything to them yet. In the long run, it would make more sense to put an electronics kit in a pipe build because it would simply be better at all levels. Unless you wanted to do it more as a proof of concept.

You had REBELS in the heading so I thought you meant this one

HSA8560lg.jpg

The E-11 you show is smaller and not as detailed as the Hasbro, position of some of the pieces could be better too, but it would probably get through basic approval.

How do the pipe blasters generally hold up? I'd be concerned about the likelyhood of accidental damage

Trooped with my Doopy's pipe build for 2 yeas without any issues

You had REBELS in the heading so I thought you meant this one

HSA8560lg.jpg

The E-11 you show is smaller and not as detailed as the Hasbro, position of some of the pieces could be better too, but it would probably get through basic approval.

Sorry about the title, I'm quite confused by which one is which as I've only recently stumbled on them. That's the forum equivelant of a trooper banging his head on a rebel ship doorway!