Short n Plumpy - First Build

Hi

After reading through all the information made available (great job by the way) I'm almost sure which kit to get, but I want to be really certain, so thought I'd ask. I'm looking to build a Shadow Trooprr.

I'm 5'4" & 213lbs (163cm & 97kgs in my tongue), and was wondering if the AM kit was the way to go? I also wanted to get a female perspective as to whether the armour gives room for the breasts?

Thanks!

Hiya Eliza! :D Welcome to FISD. :D

I'm 5'8" and have the AM lite kit (lite = w/o the AM bucket, I went with AP as it's a little more accurate). The armor has plenty of chest room, for a B cup anyways. You can poke through the photos in my troop log (see link in signature) to see how it fits on my frame. I had to modify the chest to get EIB status.

I hope you have fun as a TX but nothing beats the sheer impressiveness as a group of uniform shiny whites! ;) lol

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks for the speedy responses, greatly appreciated. I am on the Spec ops forum, posted a question in a thread for armour vendors, and am yet to get a reply (this was about 9 days ago). So I popped on over here and found the FISD much more helpful and informative.

Mercury26 is selling a whole Shadow AM kit unassembled, and was seriously considering buying it, as I'm hoping to have this build done by the end of this year. He does believe it is an AM kit, but I guess I'm in the mind frame of 'wouldn't hurt to try'.

Great photos Andrea, you've sold the AM kit in my mind. :-)

Cheers.

• Like 1

Greetings Eliza, and welcome to the FISD!!!

We could have told you that the FISD is the most helpful and friendly of the detachments within the Legion, but since you have already ventured out elsewhere, you found it out on your own. You're already off to a great research start! :D

As Pickles mentioned, nothing beats a TK, except a bunch of TKs ;) Good luck!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard.

If you are not sure of the seller, ask for a picture of the chest plate. It's the fastest way to know if it's a AM or not.

You can always try to reach TK Armor (AM) on facebook, he might have a set.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An update for all you wonderful folks.

I have purchased my AM kit, boots, neckseal, holster, canvas belt and E-11 kit (pending customs info on the blaster).

Going to hunt around locally in Aus for black gloves and undersuit. Any Aussies on here that could recommend an undersuit?

Will post in build forum when it all arrives.

Cheers. :-)

• Like 1

Couple of options, black long leave Tshirt and black leggings works, you can also get compression tops and bottoms at Kmart $20, they only have short sleave t's at the moment but winter stock should be coming in soon, I bought a couple of sets last winter.

Black plastic gloves available at Woolworths @ $3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Eliza, I'm female and 5ft 5" and have the RS kit (mid build).  Never thought I'd be discussing bra sizes on here but I'm 36c and the chest plate fits me fine.  I've had to make some alterations to the strapping of the chest to make up for my shortness but it all works fine.

I've gone for leggings and a top, mostly because it's going to be easier to go to the loo I think  :blink:

Looking forward to seeing your build thread!