Legacy Female - Helmet Build

I'm building a Helmet for a garrison mate so I figured I would put up a build thread with a lot of photos for everyone to consume.

The Start

IMG_0011_2_zpsb72a126b.jpg

IMG_0012_zps5bca7c6f.jpg

IMG_0013_zps58017369.jpg

IMG_0014_zpsa0b1be69.jpg

The helmet kits have all of the trim lines well defined.

IMG_0015_zps4fd30874.jpg

IMG_0019_zps6a6cd374.jpg

IMG_0020_zps85dad9e5.jpg

For the first time I decided to cut in the oval shape on the teeth. With TK's I normally do a more squared off tooth as in the screen reference photos but as this is not a screen TK...

IMG_0022_zps1c3e4666.jpg

IMG_0025_zps38fa53e1.jpg

Also I am not too fond of the front view of these helmets. The nose bridge is much more pronounced then a normal TK giving the helmet a much longer, narrower look then the TK. The teeth when viewed in person look very normal but when seen on the finished helmets, they look big. I figured I could change this with a mix of the rounded teeth holes as well as the paint job to create the illusion of a smaller mouth area.

IMG_0026_zps8c87d406.jpg

IMG_0027_zps2be5d060.jpg

IMG_0028_zps04838c8a.jpg

Semi positioned capn' back

IMG_0030_zps7528b94b.jpg

All of the holes are premarked, but I don't like to trust guides, especially because I wanted to change the way the helmet looks a little during the build, so give it a more pleasing look from all angles once built. I drilled out the holes on the capn' back but left the holes on the face plate intact.

IMG_0031_zpsb44b96ba.jpg

Once I got the helmet together where I felt was best, I marked the faceplate holes through the cap holes. My marks were about 5-7mm behind the premarked holes on the faceplate.

You can see form this photo that the helmet looks tall and narrow. At least it look slike this to me. This is why I tried to position the cap a little lower, almost a "lowbrow"

IMG_0032_zps9fbb9c46.jpg

When seen from the side, it looks really good as far as proportions. So It must be the high nose bridge that sets off the direct front view of the helmet (in my opinion).

IMG_0033_zpscc0b4748.jpg

IMG_0034_zpsc28d27e5.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsb050babe.jpg

A bad mark about the helmet is the rubber that KW provides is ultra susceptible to marking the white ABS. So this helmet will have black marks in quite a few locations from the fitting and movement of the pieces while getting it locked down.

IMG_0036_zps07c282de.jpg

IMG_0037_zpsc469542a.jpg

IMG_0038_zps8c0aec1e.jpg

It is a greasy type smear that will come off, I just have to look into trying to get some warm water and soap and failing that maybe light paint thinner and then buff the area after with plastic polish.

The next step tonight will be cutting and fitting the ears and then taking it apart a little to do the painting.

More to come in 24 hours.. or so.

Strange looking helmet - but somehow interesting.

Is that from the expanded universe? (I am not familiar with that) Or from a computer game?

While the frown looks way too big (for me), the shape of the eyes is nice...

The Legacy Female Trooper (Jes Gistang) is a comic book EU trooper. Then Gentle Giant made a figure of the only female trooper ever known to exist, cause girls are nice.

This helmet kit was created by KWDesigns.

The frown is large compared to the size and shape of the helmet, which gives it a very different look vs a normal TK. KW stayed very close to the source material he used to sculpt the suit (GG statue) and the helmet very closely matches the proportions of the statue helmet.

I think the idea behind the GG statue was to design a different helmet for a female to give it a more female look.

When cutting the eyes out I tried to remove any downturns in the edges that would give them a sad look and removed the return edges completely to give give the eyes a larger look, as well as a slight upward angle at the edges to mimic how some women tend to do makeup with pointy edges around their eyes. It is very subtle, but it's there. My goal is to see about doing these small things to give the helmet an overall more feminine and pleasing look... at least to me.

My true opinion is that the armor would look good with a scaled down stunt helmet.