Armor updates

Well I have some updates to my armor and thought I would post up some pics. :) I have been under the weather lately and haven't posted as much as I would like to. Updates include: new TE2 helmet and new AB buttons (Thanks VaderDave).

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Dude I think it looks great, but I see you are suffering from the same delimma as me. That beautiful gloss white paintjob on the TE2 is whiter than the ABS. And don't the VaderDave buttons look good! I installed them on my GF and its like a whole new ab plate.

I'm tossing around the idea of painting my GF to match the TE2....but man the very thought of painting ABS with enamel gives me chills.

Great work, keep it up!!! :duim:

Thanks. Congrats on going Elite. I plan on being there by the end of the month. :)

Dude I think it looks great, but I see you are suffering from the same delimma as me. That beautiful gloss white paintjob on the TE2 is whiter than the ABS. And don't the VaderDave buttons look good! I installed them on my GF and its like a whole new ab plate.

I'm tossing around the idea of painting my GF to match the TE2....but man the very thought of painting ABS with enamel gives me chills.

Thanks Chris! The VaderDave buttons look very nice and does give the suit a snazzier look! :P I think your armor is a little more bluish white than my FX armor. Its beautiful armor and I would be scared to paint it as well. I don't think it is really going to matter the color difference. It wouldn't look bad if you painted the whole thing to match either though.

I'm in the same boat color wise. My AP bucket is ABS but since its much newer than my older set of FX armor there is quite a color difference. I guess the armor has yellowed over the years. <_< I have even concidered selling it and getting new FX. RT is kinda outta my price range right now.

Great work mate! Elite is just around the corner now :)

Thanks Paul. I am going to try to finish the last things left for elite status this weekend.

I'm in the same boat color wise. My AP bucket is ABS but since its much newer than my older set of FX armor there is quite a color difference. I guess the armor has yellowed over the years. <_< I have even concidered selling it and getting new FX. RT is kinda outta my price range right now.

There is always the option of repainting it. It can be done. I am not going to repaint my armor though the color difference between my FX armor and my TE2 helmet are not that bad. I am going to pick up another set of armor down the line so I might have to worry about that a little later down the road. No worries for right now though.

Thayne:

Looks great. You talked to me at the photoshoot at Wondercon about changing your ab buttons and looks like you did. Nice job.

Don G.

It was great talking to you at Wondercon Don and was very nice to meet you and your son. Trooper families are so awesome! The ab buttons are definitely an improvement.

Looking sharp there trooper, good job :duim:

Thanks Mark. I am going hunt down something to close the side gap tonight.