Question regarding ATA/MTK armor.

Polar

I have both my buckets done, polished, shiny and all pretty looking. My question is on my armor build, Im going to have to create some return edged on a few things Ive screwed up on, got CA glue dried up on a few pieces I didnt realize etc, over all it looks like crapola and Im rather ticked off about it. Can I paint my armor and still have it match my lids or will it stick out too badly and end up having to paint the buckets as well. Thanks 

If I'm understanding correctly, you need to adjust/fix/create some return edges. This is a relatively simple process with an iron of any kind (household, hobby/sealing) if you start on low heat, and keep some non-fuzzy fabric in between if the iron is not Teflon coated.

As for the CA glue spots, you should be able to remove those using a Novus polishing kit, if you follow the instructions.

I don't think that you'll need to worry about painting if you go that route.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Edited by Dark CMF

oh cool thanks, Im really not liking how mine is coming out after seeing the pictures of really spectacular looking ones on here! Im going to try polishing when I get done anyways so maybe it will look ok afterall. 

If you need to use sandpaper the finer the better, leave less scratches, use wet and dry as it will last longer

Check in the nail care aisle at the grocery store or Wal-Mart for a Nail Buffer Stick.  It comes with at least three different very fine grits of sand paper that they make for polishing finger nails. I've been using them for years polishing out glue marks on model cars and scratches in their windshields.  It does exactly what the others are saying, sanding down with ever finer grit with the last being a polishing pad.

Most look like this, but I have one that is square and has 7 different polishing grits.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 11/23/2014 at 11:46 AM, wingnut65 said:

Check in the nail care aisle at the grocery store or Wal-Mart for a Nail Buffer Stick.  It comes with at least three different very fine grits of sand paper that they make for polishing finger nails. I've been using them for years polishing out glue marks on model cars and scratches in their windshields.  It does exactly what the others are saying, sanding down with ever finer grit with the last being a polishing pad.

Most look like this, but I have one that is square and has 7 different polishing grits.

---------

Added bonus, you won't tear a hole in your rubber gloves due to sharp finger nails  :laugh1:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed