MRCE EFX Helmet no longer acceptable?

It was mentioned in the most recent newsletter that the Master replica's Collector's edition (MRCE) and the EFX helmet (based of the same moulds as the MRCE) would no longer be acceptable for basic 501st acceptance.

I am wondering why this is? I know that there are little things that need to be done in order to make it more accurate, but I'm confused as to why it would altogether not be accepted, even with mods.

I was approved with my helmet back in 2009. The mods I made were:

-trimmed and raised the brow

-filled in the mouth seam with caulking

-expanded and repainted the teeth

-took off the tube strips and put more accurate ones on.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Actually I didn't way it wasn't acceptable. I said I asked the LMO to consider not making them acceptable based on his new wording that stops the approval of FX helmets. I highly doubt he will. 

And Ryan.. you eFX looks nice compared to so many I've seen. Most don't and haven't gone through the effort you did. 

-Eric

Your helmet looks awesome next to something derived from a screen used helmet. 

Others do not... but only to us. The general public really can't tell an eFX from an RS props. 

Honestly its a statement against the terrible wording the LMO used to grandfather the FX ... which is vague and subjective not so much about how I feel about the eFX. 

-Eric

Your helmet does look better than most eFX or MRCE in use in the legion. But think of it this way, it's crap out of the box, we all know that. And making the mods is both hard and not so well documented as it should be. If we do (which hasn't happened yet) grandfather the eFX, newbies will not have to go through that frustrating modding step and initial disappointment of realizing that what they just bought is no good. They can get a great helmet from the start instead.

My take on the eFX, for the same price or cheaper in my case, if I consider shipping from the USA to Canada, getting a B-Grade from AP.

I had an eFX and and I have a B-Grade AP, I paid 40$ less the AP.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk