The "Look, Sir! Droids!" prop

Maybe a better question for the Sandtroopers, but I think it would be fun to have that prop. Davin.jpg

It's round, hollow, slightly conical, maybe made from brass. Looks like it could be part of a tapered roller bearing. 9xZrCLTtjK4pkmezz8DWjy67E3MfQrtOmAbNNtQd

I think sometime ago it was showed on a SW Sci-Fi expo... I remember seeing it in a picture besides some other minor props in a glass box.

If I remember correctly, it was just a plastic circular hinge like thing.

Maybe someone remembers better.

Saludos 

Nice work, guys! 

Looks like 2mm ABS will do the trick. Cut a donut shape. Heat it, then draw it over a cylinder to form it to shape.  

I hope I'll have a big enough piece of scrap left over from my armor build. 

Aargh! I recently found an old metal part from the UK, which looked somewhat correct, but didn't find this thread again to post pictures of it.

Now I found the thread and checked the link to the Gary Kurtz Joiner Archive (it wasn't posted at my last visit) just to discover, mine doesn't look correct :closedeyes:.

Anyway, in case your build doesn't work for some reason, here is what I found for you Dan:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed