Sanding ABS tips

I'm in agreement with Dizzy. 

The original suits builders didn't use sandpaper at all, just boxcutters and razors!

But for us, sanding down some edges is nice! 140-160 grit it perfect and takes this stray pieces off the edges. Just be careful with the sanding bit, it's easy to take off too much. However, it's great for the corners and really rough spots to even it out.

Edited by Dday

On the helmet there really isn't too much to be concerned about sanding. I have always used 220 for everything. It smoothes down without being too aggressive and removing too much material. Just make sure whatever you cut out you mark and follow that line.

I used 150 grit on the edges. I used a table sander with 80 grit after my rough trimming to get the armor down to the cut lines so the edges were fairly rough like. Using the 150 sandpaper smoothed out the rough sanding. After doing that I used a utility knife to remove the edge burrs by dragging gently down the edges at a 45º angle. This created a perfectly smooth edge on my armor.

Edited by Tray