PVC v.s. ABS plastic

Hey forum wondering if anyone has ordered RS prop masters armor full assembled? I am looking to buy this early next week.  I would just like an outside opinion.  Also is PVC or ABS plastic the best for trooping?  I have done some research and I am thinking about going with the PVC plastic.  I'd just thought I would ask here before I went ahead on the purchase.

There have been two recent topics started asking the same question and I think you might find some info there. I have a PVC kit and bought it in 2012. I bought it after reading that PVC was better for trooping but from those recent posts, some members said that is not the case and that ABS is stands up better.

My PVC armor is very thin and really flexible but it has been mentioned that more recent PVC armor from RS is thicker and less flexible. Some replacement parts for my PVC kit recently received do seem thicker so maybe they have changed some things which may make it more prone to cracks and original brackets popping out.

I have not done any trooping yet so can't give you an experienced opinion but I am hoping it will be durable enough.

When I build a Sandtrooper I will probably go with ABS now that I already have PVC. If you are keen to have things like the original movie Stormtroopers, I suggest the ABS since it was what they used. Go with the PVC if you are looking for a bright shiny white TK.

I think both materials are prone to some sort of damage when trooping so maybe there is no best answer here. Might just come down to preference in appearance. Either way RS armor looks really nice and with care I think it will last long enough to enjoy lots of trooping.

I love RS armor. the original brackets do fine for some, other's have experiences breakage just like in

the original film.

finding a way to keep movement to a minimum might be an answer, as well as care in handling

you have to know how to carefully handle, carry wear and pack original strapped armor, since it does not

come apart.  this adds pressures and stress to the chest bottom and abdomen top.

• Like 1

Hey forum wondering if anyone has ordered RS prop masters armor full assembled? I am looking to buy this early next week.  I would just like an outside opinion.  Also is PVC or ABS plastic the best for trooping?  I have done some research and I am thinking about going with the PVC plastic.  I'd just thought I would ask here before I went ahead on the purchase.

The recent RS PVC suits are thick, and heavy. Stay away from this, for the love of Pete.

Get the ABS version if you are set on a RS suit. Otherwise, look for a ABS suit from Troopermaster. He is in the UK and sells an amazing set of armor.

Edited by Dday