Finding armor

I have looked for armor over the past few days and checked out some of the manufactures that were suggested on this forum.  Most of them seem like kits that I need to put together.  This is a problem for since I have no idea how to build armor and no work room or tools to do this with.  I am willing to put in the work to building this armor, however, I just don't how to go about doing it.  Is there a site other than the ones listed where I can find a full set ready to wear armor that I may only have to make minor adjustments, or should seriously think about taking a crash course in building armor.  Being a college student I am always willing to learn new things, is there a class I can take on working with plastic or a some sort of specific stormtrooper armor building video that would be good to watch? One more thing I just don't wanna spend alot of money and than mess up the armor kit beyond repair so I have to get a whole new one.  Can anyone help please? 

You have two choices....as of right now, as far as I know, Troopermaster and RS Props are the only two armorers offering suits built to your specifications. If you look in the "for sale" threads, there are people willing to build it for you for a fee. If you are willing to build it, I would strongly consider it. ANY tutorial on how to build armor can be found here in the build threads section. There is a definitive award when you say "I built this".  Research the build threads. There are only a million of them.  After doing that (which we ALL have) you will have an idea of what supplies you'll need and what procedures you will need use. If you get stuck, don't "willy nilly" anything.....ask a question. Start your own build thread, add lots of pictures. WE LOVE PICTURES!!!!! Plus a picture says more than you could ever describe in words. The only bad question is one you never asked.

Hey Anthony and welcome.  I was in the same boat as you a while back.  Bouncing back and forth on whether I should build a suit or have one built for me.  I am a man of average handyman skills and I think that I have accomplished the task of building my own suit to my expectations.  It was not overly difficult.  Yes there are some frustrating parts but you can work your way through it.

As far as tools go, I don't know if many people are like me but I did most of my cutting with a regular shop knife.  I did by a dremel but I will use that mostly for the helmet.  As far as the other tools you will need a rivet gun, snap tool, clamps, and magnets.  All of which do not cost too much and you can store in a small box. 

Go over to www.trooperbay.com and watch his build videos.  I did that for about a few months before I received my armor and that gave me a good idea on how to do things.  I may not be "the" way to do it but it is "a" way to do it.  And of course just look at all of the build threads.

Good luck

If you're a college student I suspect that you don't have a lot of money ...  If so, building it is the better solution.  It doesn't seem too complicated (my armor is on the way).  Is there a reason not to build it ?  It's part of the pride of having it !

I bought an AP armor, and I took one already trimmed to ease the building.  It's a middle-of-the-road solution, since the trimming is very a intimidating part of the process for the newcomers.  Once the trimming is done, it's just a question of assembling all the parts with snaps, rivets and velctro.  A good way to understand how it works is to meet with fellow Stormtroopers and inspect their armor closely.  They will happily answer all of your questions.

Good luck with your project !

Anthony, have you joined/spoken to the squad in your area? Chances are you can get help with your build from fellow squadmates and doing so will also save you some serious money. Besides, there's a lot of pride that comes along with doing the build yourself. Ask for help... it's out there everywhere whether it be here or from your local squad. Build threads are a plenty so do lots of research and take your time. I had no clue when I started and am now helping several noobs build their kits. Study, study,study... you can do it!!!