Red_2's NE ANH TK build ...

Ha, Germain! You guide me through my build, I teach you random English military derived nuance. :)

So got some more stuff done.

Lone male snap on the top right ab.

b837c09c-c4f8-47f7-a194-d4c08f319dc0_zps

Cut the corners of the belt, and hung the drop boxes. 1" elastic riveted to the back of the drop box, also riveted through with the same rivet attaching the ABS portion to the canvas. Caps on the end area left and right aligned accordingly. (Thanks again, Germain.)  Looks great from the front ...

f31f8fe0-4fd2-450e-adc4-1f2709eb4da5_zps

... but not the sexiest look in the back. The straps ended op going over my ab snaps. So I notched

the elastic. Oh well. May have to fix that down the road.

74a0a62f-df46-4a48-ba1b-226b8481e403_zps

Moved the belt up a tad. (Only took a couple tries. :P) Now it's overlapping

the button plate a tad which is more accurate and as recommended earlier in the thread.

8348618a-3468-41aa-a182-beed6b0efd95_zps

84cf1997-1cee-43c3-b17a-3e9e5b6208f6_zps

Detontator slid onto the belt. My clips are the bent version, which I'm not to fond of now that I'm

finally getting to see how it fits. It's snug but doesn't seem to slide all the way down. Maybe I can adjust it.

422b146f-9355-4624-b2e1-ceab2d3e0101_zps

I also bent the shoulder straps back a bit to help sit more flush. And added some velcro to my boots and inside of my shins to help prevent pop outs. That was my biggest issue the first time I walked about in it.

Very good progress! I agree with you on the bolts for the detonator clips, smaller would be good. And don't worry about the notches you had to do on your drop boxes elastics, they did the same on the original armors: 

med_gallery_12157_59_52398.jpg

One little thing I noticed and that you could improve one of those days, is the main abdominal button plate. There should be an ABS rim all the way around it: med_gallery_12157_16_28564.jpg.

Otherwise it's really looking neat!

Edited by The5thHorseman

I'm about to screw down the holster and noticed that the furthest fastener is going to be hidden by the belt since it'll be underneath the overlap. Is that okay? Did I mess up by not making the overlap portion on my left side?

d59f40c7-4476-46b2-8d9c-22bd26385170_zps

I'd be looking like this guy to the furthest left ...

bando2.jpg

Edited by Red_2

Yeah, this happens because you have removed material from your sides, and hence reduced the lenght of belt needed on the side. Actually, you could solve this problem by reversing how the belt closes. If the velcro side with hooks was on your left side, the rivet would still be on the overlap section of the velcro but it wouldn't be hidden.

But honestly I don't think it's too dramatic, I guess you could leave it as that and still be Centurion approved.

True, Germain. But this is one detail that's bugging me despite it being passable.

I could order another belt and just move everything over. 

I could also remove the velcro portions and flip them.

Hmmmmm ... what to do, what to do.

If it really bugs you too much, I think pulling the ABS and fabric belts apart and flipping the fabric belt won't be that hard. The drop boxes strapping should even be salvageable by doing so. You will just need to slide them off the fabric belt and switch their side (the left hand boxe will have to remain on the left hand side of the belt).

The end caps will also need to be removed and glued again, but it's not something impossible with e6000.

Thank you to my middle school Home & Careers classes for all those sewing projects.

Ripped the seams on the velcro, repositioned and sewn back in. Boom!

831a21eb-24d2-4937-b97f-8a3e1c7dec1f_zps

f2e89b7d-6f2f-4e29-9443-ecc6ea34936c_zps

Swapped out the ab button plate so the ABS surround is present.

Paint has a few bubbles which I need to fix.

2b510c9c-6873-4599-a6cb-c655306828c6_zps

Edited by Red_2

Well, add me to the list of peeps who advocate the Loctite 2 part plastic bonder method for attaching handguards! Worked great.

cfd2287d-d433-4d02-9ef8-62c1993c9bf0_zps

Second pic because I'm trying to figure out why my pics are coming out blurry. Looks like Photobucket is for some reason blurring the photos when I resize them down. I haven't had that issue up until recently. Not sure why it's happening.

22f883e4-19b3-408e-ab24-7fb136f10028_zps

I need to figure out why because I'm hopefully going to be ready to apply soon. What the heck?

• Like 1

Oh also, the handguards I purchased from Trooperbay were a considerably warmer white than the suit so I sanded them a bit, wiped down with alcohol and sprayed them with the white SEM Color Coat and that worked super well. It's a flexible paint made for upholstery and such. I used it to paint my boots. Highly recommend! Here's the link to SEM's site:

http://www.semproducts.com/refinish-flexible-coatings/color-coattm-aerosols  

• Like 1

So I started the arduous process of erasing my tube stripes. Back when I first applied them I noticed I hadn't paid attention to the "pencil width away" guide. After looking at references and request posts it started to bug me.

Here we go ...

ddec0f42-f6c1-47c3-a90f-a9d94647351c_zps

A bunch of q-tips and half an hour or so later ...

0cd2e0d1-0fba-4d28-8912-37b42693a5cd_zps

I use a Silhouette Cameo to cut the stencil out of vinyl (same as last time, Pandatrooper's crookedy template). I highly recommend a Cameo for ease of use and cost. Great for my small projects here and there. 

93295123-ea08-45e5-a267-3cb2ae6ef7c8_zps

Globbing it on ... :P Just kidding, though doing it this way leaves a pretty thick coat making it almost look like they're stickers. Too lazy to bust out the airbrush. :) When I pull the vinyl back I'll have toothpicks at the ready to fix any stray paint.

7a26ffe5-d89f-4b9b-8ca5-bb43714a1719_zps

Edited by Red_2

Had to look up what a Silhouette Cameo is. Looks cool but no way the wife would let me buy it to make a few stencils :(

You gotta sell it, Jason! "Honey, check out all this amazing stuff on Pinterest we could make with this thing. The holidays are coming up. We could step up our craft game!"

:D

Put fans in this morning. A pair of 4 AA battery packs 2 switches and 2 squirrel fans. Made a mounting plate out of For Sale sign ABS. Punched holes where necessary, painted it black, then mounted and wired everything up. I'm awesome at soldering. That's a joke.

Looks fine enough. Battery packs are velcroed in and secure. The mounting plate just sits in the tube groove and I made a couple holes so the lower ear bolts can pass through a bit.

My first impression when wearing the mask and turning them on? They're loud. :) These are obviously exhaust fans. I intend to mount two smaller fans at the frown to suck air in.

0bc40602-d807-423e-9402-2d9cef0ac92d_zps

a13f3f2e-ff0b-4b43-8a2b-77abed882080_zps

Put everything on today to see how stuff was fitting and lining up.

Putting my shins on is probably the hardest part right now. My thighs are either not

lifted high enough still or I need to finally get those cut outs in cause there is

not much room for me to bend my knee. Also that is causing my right knee cap to hit hard on the front

of the thigh when walking. Ouchy.

Otherwise, there are a few pinch spots here and there that are easily solved with a small trim.

I need to secure my helmet a bit better. How well are people able to look down? :)

I don't have my shoulder strap elastics in at the moment.

00fa7d1c-f0a5-44a5-82d4-16d278041770_zps

I resecured my left calf after the pic was taken it stayed closed the whole time. The wife didn't think to tell me before she took the picture. And that black sliver sticcking out of my backplate is my zipper pull. Tucked that back in also.

762e8480-bd2e-4be1-af9d-9e796491e056_zps

Look like I may need to trim the thighs towards the back or the butt. It didn't feel like that was hitting.

44ef477f-2a20-4949-be4f-d8876d656a0d_zps

14a425f8-bc76-4593-aa4f-73b7cf337db7_zps

I hung about a bit in the sun for a few minutes, then turned the fans on. Wow. Big difference.

Fire away if see anything. I'll be attacking those thighs/butt this week.

Edited by Red_2