ABS - scoring and snapping vs cutting?

On all my armor parts I use the scoring/snap method, much faster, edges come out nice and perfect.

For the teeth the easiest and fastest method is using a dremel and sand down the bumps from inside helmet until perforated then square off the teeth using exacto, for the eyes I use a dremel with cutting disc again from the inside, then clean edges using exacto and sanding paper.

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

For the eyes I scored along the edge then drilled some holes in them then cut the rough shape out. Then I snapped out the rest of it and sanded it down to about an inch. For the teeth I drilled one or two holes in each then shaped them with an exacto knife.

My first kit, I did all with box cutter and x-acto, and some shears for the really large, thick parts.  Dremel for the eyes and X-acto to finish eyes and teeth.

My second bucket, I used box cutter to rough in, dremel to finish.  Teeth roughed in with X-acto and finished with jeweler's files.

Current kit, using box cutter to rough in, dremel to finish the curves.  Box cutter and metal ruler to snap the straight lines.  150 grit paper to reduce armor bites.

oskfPTl.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

I used score and snap to remove the "fill-in" of the eyes, and that's the only spot for the bucket.  Everything else on the bucket was Exacto, Box-Cutter, Hobby files, and Sandpaper.