TK recruit soon to be out of boot camp

After much thought (a couple of years), much research and asking multiple questions of some patient 501st GA guys at Dragon Con, I have purchased my first kit from ATA. Helmet in stock, and 8 mo. wait for the armor. What is reasonable man of hours of build time?

Is it possible to build the helmet before the experience of building the armor?

I am going to try and bring the helmet to a local build party? Suggestions?

Thanks & Intimidated,

Jim

Inquisitot785

There is no protocol for build order of your armor. Many build their helmets as inspiration to move forward. However, building your helmet first will not give you more insight on how to proceed with the rest of your armor. The color of the plastic is the only thing that is similar. Research on the build thread section is your friend. You will find a host of ATA build threads to help you.

Pick a piece and get trimming, pretty much what I did. Have a look at some of the ATA build threads, also check out those who have ATA and EIB or Centurion too ;).

Research is the trick make sure you have plenty of reference pictures close to you, also if there is something you aren't sure about ask, there are never any stupid questions, just silly mistakes.

One more, measure twice and cut once.

Good luck on the journey :D

Yes, the helmet is iconic and I find myself looking at it every day and smiling.

It's worth doing it first as it gives such a sense of accomplishment after soooo many years of waiting to become a Stromtrooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good luck in your journey! I am also starting out. The advice and guidance everyone will give here is priceless ! Everyone is very knowledgable.

There is plenty to keep you occupied on these forums. Plenty to read and learn.

My ATA wait should be over anyday now and time really did fly by while trying to absorb all of the info here.

• 2 weeks later...