Unaltered original Star Wars trilogy coming to Blu-Ray?

maxsteele

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16/exclusive-original-unaltered-cut-of-star-wars-trilogy-to-be-rele/

This will be fantastic if it is happening!  I'm always leery of "our sources..." information, but it's something to watch out for.

I'd buy that... wait, no I wouldn't Why would I want a blu-ray version of a unalterered film, having it blu-ray means nothing if it's unaltered.

I've got the DVD's of the original theatrical, and the VHS, if I ever find a VHS player.

However, a bluray, unaltered would be good for people who don't know what a DVD is :D

Edited by Dday

I wonder how it will really pan out. Even on the VHS/LaserDisc the sound was 2 channel.

Derrek - how did you get the DVD's then? LaserDisk VOB's? IIRC the original version was never in DVD.

Also, it's not the original anyway - it says A New Hope on the LaserDisk & VHS. In 1977 it just said Star Wars - no Episode IV at all.

Would you know which ones? I have the DVD set and they have what they call original theatrical release, but the opening says Episode IV, e.g. they are the same as the LaserDisc editions.

Would you know which ones? I have the DVD set and they have what they call original theatrical release, but the opening says Episode IV, e.g. they are the same as the LaserDisc editions.

Well, it's what they call the Original Theatrical, which is probably not truly the original theatrical. It is the version before they started adding and changing large swaths of the movie is all.

So if the BluRay is TRULY the original... then I would buy it, for sure.

I have been very confused on this subject for some years now.

I do have what was supposed to be the original theatrical release versions of all 3 OT movies on DVD.

They are, afaik, the original versions. No "a new hope" title, you can see quiet clearly all the cardboard standees on several scenes, including the medal scene at the end of ANH. And so much more.

These were released maybe 5 or 7 years ago in a double disk set per version. Disk 1 was the remastered enhanced SE version, disk 2 was the original version.

The three were sold separately. And came after the DVD set released in 2004.

This is quiet usual in Mexico, but it seems that no one else has it in other countries.

No bootlegs, real official LFL Fox versions.

Are these not really the teathrical versions? Or do I have gold here?

Btw, it was announced as a very limited run available for limited time, but reality is that it was available for around a year in every store.

Just wondering.

Saludos.

I have been very confused on this subject for some years now.

I do have what was supposed to be the original theatrical release versions of all 3 OT movies on DVD.

They are, afaik, the original versions. No "a new hope" title, you can see quiet clearly all the cardboard standees on several scenes, including the medal scene at the end of ANH. And so much more.

These were released maybe 5 or 7 years ago in a double disk set per version. Disk 1 was the remastered enhanced SE version, disk 2 was the original version.

The three were sold separately. And came after the DVD set released in 2004.

This is quiet usual in Mexico, but it seems that no one else has it in other countries.

No bootlegs, real official LFL Fox versions.

Are these not really the teathrical versions? Or do I have gold here?

Btw, it was announced as a very limited run available for limited time, but reality is that it was available for around a year in every store.

Just wondering.

Saludos.

Those are the same ones I have as well. I need to pup it in and see what the title screen says if it's Star Wars or A New Hope.

You can still find these on Amazon and Ebay rarely, you just have to look for the right photo of the cover.