PGPDPig asking for help, comments and advise on the armor fit

PGPDPig

Last Thursday was the first time I had the entire armor on. I did a couple adjustments. I still need to replace the shoulder strap because it was put on a little to short and the chest plate is up some and is choking me some. I know there are still some more adjusting that I need to do, but before I start adjusting to much, I was asking for everyone advise, comments and input as to what needs to be done. My ultimate goal is to go for Centurion.

post-20095-0-54082200-1407987172_thumb.jpg

post-20095-0-73820600-1407987192_thumb.jpg

post-20095-0-31608300-1407987203_thumb.jpg

post-20095-0-40441900-1407987226_thumb.jpg

Hi Thomas!  Looking good!  I am not good enough to tell from looking at over-all photos of armor to be able to tell what type of kit it is.  What type of armor do you have?

I would like to see what your ab / kidney transition is like, if you're able to get some pics of the left / right with your arms up.

From what I can see, I think your forearms and biceps might be a little large.  I think you could definitely bring them all in some more.

I can't see what your belt plastic or the position of your drop boxes looks like, because you're holding your hands in front of it.

I think your sniper plate may be mounted too far down on your shin.  The side edges should line up with the upper part of the shin.

If your chest is riding up, that means you either need to open the neck gap some or spread out the chest and back plate elastic. Since everything it connected if the straps on your chest/back are too short it will pull your chest up and choke you.

I'm hoping that putting the new shoulder straps on and adjusting one of the Ab/chest plate straps, that will lower the chest plate and not choke me. I only had these couple of pictures that someone took and sent to me, so I know they aren't the best for showing everything. I need to take some more detailed ones that show things better.

Ron,

My armor is RS Prop Masters. I got them to strap it so I'm hoping that everything is in the right place. The biceps actually fit pretty well, there really isn't much room to bring them in. But yes, the forearms are definitely a little big and need to be taken in some. I have to much play in them. I think I'll need to adjust the shins, I noticed I have the left one a couple of inches lower then right shin and that kind of makes it look a little off.

Thanks for the comments and I'll try to post more pictures to show some more details.

Thomas

From what I can see, I think your forearms and biceps might be a little large.  I think you could definitely bring them all in some more.

I was about to post on my forearms but the wrist end looks just as wide on mine, looks like im going to have to trim it a bit more myself.

Just make sure that when you bring your wrist fit in, you can still get your hands through!  The opening should be just big enough to fit your hands through when you bring your thumbs in.

• 2 months later...

PGPDPIG I notice that your shoulder bell is tide over your arm with white strap ? Or the picture is showing something else

It is an easy mistake to make when looking, but you are looking at it wrong. His is tied with a black strap and the white you see is actually the top of the bicep.

It's hard to say ragarding the size and quality of your pics, but i'm pretty sure you are wearing your shoulder bells on the wrong shoulder. The one without any flare at the bottom goes on the right/hand shoulder like on the picture below:

gallery_14191_18_116080.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman