There should be an Expeditionary Garrison

ClockworkRonin

So interestingly enough there seems to be a number of us trying to get into the 501st who are actually members of a real world military. This being said many of us move, and I was wondering what would be the consensus on starting an expeditionary garrison that these troopers coul call home, so they would have a permanent chain of command and home website, but could accomplish their minimum trooping with whichever unit they happened to be closest too?

This would be uncharted territory as far as I know.

Ā 

Garrisons are typically tied to geographic regions, and typically begin as outposts, and after they have 25 members they can apply to become a Garrison at which point they must have all the requirements of a Garrison met... A Command Staff, a logo, a website, etc. the Garrison will have a one year probationary period during which it must demonstrate that it can operate independently as a Garrison after which there will be a vote to determine what happens.

Ā 

It would definitely be an interesting proposal, and it would have to be uniquely built due to the Legion elections etc...

Edited by Dark CMF

Why not just transfer to which ever garrison is closest to you when you move? If there is an expiditionary garrison what city or region does it cover? I feel like the 501st legion is one great garrison with smaller garrisons to tell you what garrison your living in. Ā Which is why its a legion. If people from around the world are in the one garrison will your garrison ever have a troop together? You might not ever meet your fellow garrison members.Ā 

If you're not geographic based, how would you coordinate events? You'll either be in some garrison's/outpost's territory, most likely. Or do you mean trooping in places like Iraq/Afghanistan where there is no long term imperial presence?

I think the idea is simply to build camaraderie amongst the IRL military members of the Legion. That idea, I think is pretty cool, but from a Legion standpoint, it would be a nightmare to track troops/events attended and therefore, your active status. As Paul mentioned, coordinating events would never be possible for such a Garrison due to geography. Members would essentially be members of a paper/hollow Garrison while attending troops with the Garrison in who's geography they reside.

Ā 

There is probably a more sensible approach that wouldn't require re-shaping any part of the Legion Charter or re-inventing the Imperial wheel.

Edited by Dark CMF

I'd suggest simply creating a Fire Team then - it's what they are designed for and require no changes / irregularities to the charter.