my AM armor build

Hey William,

Did your face plate dimples allign with the back plate dimples when you added the screws?

Nope I had to fiddle with it to get it to line up so I could drill the holes on the sides. How's yours coming along?

Looking good! The only thing that caught my attention was the number of teeth. You should only have 4 holes per side assuming you are doing a stunt trooper.

I just noticed that I cut one extra hole woops. Good thing I have a backup bucket being built just in case I have issues with this one. I'm really enjoying the build so far.

Nice job so far....if I may make a recommendation if you haven't already seen it in other builds...it's purely preference but painting the inside of your helmet black. It will helmet keep sun light from shining through and if kids try to look up, they'll see darkness...

Nice job so far....if I may make a recommendation if you haven't already seen it in other builds...it's purely preference but painting the inside of your helmet black. It will helmet keep sun light from shining through and if kids try to look up, they'll see darkness...

do you use flat black?

I think I saw somewhere that if you dry out a baby wipe and glue it to the back side it makes a good mesh for applying ABS paste to in order to reform the hole. Might want to research that more but it sounds like it might work.

Yup, flat black is what I used inside my helmet. Also, for covering up a an extra hole, I would use abs paste which is a mixture of acetone and spare abs material. Here's link to making the paste

http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/HOWTO:ABSpaste

I have heard a few paint the inside of the helmet with Rustoleum Flat black, as it is fine to use on plastic.

I did the same thing with my helmet and I just took some spackle and smoothed it out with my finger to add the depth. with the paint on top it should look fine.

Ok so the spackle failed, but i am trying the abs paste now. this seems it will work much better.

ABS paste should work out. If that fails I wonder if you could use this photo to try and sway the opinions of the powers that be. I see several buckets that have 5 holes on a side. No idea if they made it to the screen but who knows?

64d80c2647dc99c5fbd634cafb0b4c58_zps53ba

Edited by Thxboy

ABS paste should work out. If that fails I wonder if you could use this photo to try and sway the opinions of the powers that be. I see several buckets that have 5 holes on a side. No idea if they made it to the screen but who knows?64d80c2647dc99c5fbd634cafb0b4c58_zps53ba

sounds like a star wars marathon is in need to find out:)

Has anyone used gloss white silicone to blend the skull cap tot he rear half to look like a 2 piece helmet? I just got an AM kit and thought about making the rear seam go away.

IMG_2562_zpsa4dbd9a4.jpg

Edited by TriumphTrooper8

Has anyone used gloss white silicone to blend the skull cap tot he rear half to look like a 2 piece helmet? I just got an AM kit and thought about making the rear seam go away.

IMG_2562_zpsa4dbd9a4.jpg

I haven't started mine yet but I plan on trying to make the seam go away. I was going to use ABS paste I think though.

I ran across this video earlier:  

It looks like the lens film being used is a little sturdier than what we've got, but it might work and looks good when done.

PGHtoolman found this idea yesterday too from Ales's helmet build: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24950-ales-anh-stunt-ata-helmet-assembly/page-2#entry314171