7995 - Legacy femtrooper

So, we did a tape-up test fit today. I'm actually quite positive :D
And we agreed its best to fill, sand and paint the seams, to make it look perfect ;)

Here is todays pics.

P8120137_zpsb23ddd7f.jpg

P8120138_zps05f2c94c.jpg

P8120140_zps80ff08a2.jpg

Edited by Arnie_DK

FISD really hates me today.

I was trying to post all of theese in a single post, but aparently it just froze up, whenever I tried uploading more than 3 pics at a time. So thats the reason for posting theese in multiple posts ;)

Dont blame me. Blame the forum :P

I accidentally posted this pic over at Jasons femtrooper thread(There are so many right now!!), trying to figure out how to align the ab/kidney and if I should cut the butt plate some more.

P8150140_zpsd2e522b9.jpg

Kev gave this answer in the other thread

It is very important to line up the top edge of the sides of the Ab plate with the top of the Kidney plate, don't worry about the bottom edge.

Yes you can add a small rounded edge at the very tip top end of the butt.

The Butt should pas over the towards the ab just like you have shown. Do not cut to it to stop at the kidney.

Kevin W.

So here is how I will align the pieces(With the buttplate on the outside ofcourse ;) )
P8150141_zpsfd7b94d9.jpg

Edited by Arnie_DK

I forgot how much I hate making snap plates!!! Got around 40 of them, that needs to be sanded, drilled and have snaps installed, before I can glue them in. Have been doing a handfull at a time, each time I go out for a smoke, so have some put down :)

Anyhoo, I have been fiddling around with the placement of the belt and I think I have found the right place to put it. Its where it fits the best, and the back pies covers the seam between kidney and butt, but I'm not sure if it might cover too much...
Also, I might take a bit off the top-front of the but, to stop it from sticking too much up.

P8190140_zpsc8da5806.jpg

The lines you made are right on for where the belt needs to go. The sides of the belt will come together at an angle. The large side amo box will hide this.

Personally I would not modify the armor. Unless you do not fit within the recommended height. (Do not cut off the top edge of the butt where it meets the bottom of the kidney, ( that is what you meant)) Once all the parts are on it will look right and be functional. The belt will hold the top edge of the but in place.

Kevin W.

• Like 1

Thanks Kev :)

Well, Mette is a couple of inches too short for this set, but I will see, when I get the straps in and get it on her, before deciding if I need to cut a bit, or not :)
And will post pictures, before taking any decisions ;)

The front strap location: The wide of the strap is the distance from the angle ride of the upper corner of the breast to wear the front edge of the strap starts. Just like you have shown but you need to pivot them a tiny bit so the they to not go too far off on the back as you show in your pics. On the backside: you want the outer edge of the straps to stay within the sharp edges that point towards the backplate.

Kevin W.

Thanks Kev, but glued them in last night...

I actually thought about exactly what you said, but it looked very wrong, since there would be a lot of the front plate shoulder "tabs" showing on the out side of the straps.

Maybe I can heat bend them a bit, or find some other way of making the back of the straps, stay inside the backplate edge.

Finally had time to testfit on Mette again. Have most of the straps put in as well now. Just need strapping for the shoulders, bells and biceps.
And then I need to do the belt, but couldnt really get started on that, until I had Mette put on the whole shebang again ;)

Picture time!!

P8280147_zps65074bc2.jpg

P8280150_zpsfa7c2a63.jpg

Still need to trim a bit at the top of the right side of the chest plate, just under the shoulder strap.

P8280152_zps29abb9e2.jpg

P8280154_zps4a5db0c6.jpg

And here is how the belt pieces will connect to each other.
My hope is that the ab/kidney, will stop their misalignement at the top, after the belt gets attached. Otherwise I will make a sliding tab on the inside, like on the chest/back connection.
I am also still considering, if I should remove the part of the ab/kidney, showing behind the chest/back assembly.

P8280151_zps91bd3606.jpg

P8280149_zps44a6971d.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a slow progress lately, and its not looking to go any faster the next couple of months, since I have a new project to attend to (we bought a house!!!)

But I did receive the helmet yesterday and have only threwn in a few hours to the assembly :)

PA290199_zps254b7d8c.jpg