Ricks AM Armor

Hey Rick, what did you use to take the E6000 off?

I used an exacto blade and some pulling. I worked my way around starting from the temple grove. pulled a bit and cut with just the blede, kept opening inch by inch.  then the dreaded thumb rubbing, peeling and blade scraping.  

I used an exacto blade and some pulling. I worked my way around starting from the temple grove. pulled a bit and cut with just the blede, kept opening inch by inch.  then the dreaded thumb rubbing, peeling and blade scraping.  

Ok thanks! Did you end up trimming anything on your helmet?

Ok thanks! Did you end up trimming anything on your helmet?

not yet. im planning on trimming the top of the face plate and the inside of the eyes a little as well as triming that teple indentation on the right side.  

I did however add the stickers and primered the mic tips,  im hoping to finish the helmet this weekend.  

Question. I am also part of the newbs who got their AM this week. Frankly atleast you have started. I am just staring at everything with a confused look. I am doing ESB and was looking at the frown. Looks like you cut out 10 teeth, not 6 or 8. I was able to cut them all out like you and then I read the CRL for the 900th time.CRL indicates 6 Hero, 8 Stunt and 6 or 8 ESB, Anyone know if we can just do all 10?

Question. I am also part of the newbs who got their AM this week. Frankly atleast you have started. I am just staring at everything with a confused look. I am doing ESB and was looking at the frown. Looks like you cut out 10 teeth, not 6 or 8. I was able to cut them all out like you and then I read the CRL for the 900th time.CRL indicates 6 Hero, 8 Stunt and 6 or 8 ESB, Anyone know if we can just do all 10?

Hey Gus,

The teeth is per side of the center tooth. I know theres some differences between ANH and ESB such as the teeth color and frown position so you might want to check the ESB topics or local garrison as Tim suggested.

LOL "Confused look"  I think everyone was in that exact spot.  I even stared at the pieces the same as when my friends have me check out the new best thing in their motor and I have no idea what they are talking about.

Rick how many teeth did you cut out? 

yea what Ron Said.  Theres the center tooth, so count 4 teeth to it's left and 4 to it's right. You will pretty much end up with 10 holes.

Hope this helps.

Dumb question time: ;) 

Just so I understand, when we're talking "teeth" is that the white ridge part that remains (because, you know, teeth are white) or are we saying the indented part that is cut out/removed is the teeth part to be counted?

Cause if the teeth are the ridges (and ignoring the center tooth/ridge), that would mean 10 holes.   But if the teeth are the removed parts it would mean 8 holes.

Either way, seems to be a pretty common debate (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12379-4-or-5-teeth-cutout-for-stunt-helmet/)

Looking back at the CRL for ANH Stunt it says re: the frown:

• Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. Eight total teeth on the frown are cut out.

Sounds like the teeth are the removed portion, so 8 holes is the accepted answer?

Looking back at the CRL for ANH Stunt it says re: the frown:

• Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. Eight total teeth on the frown are cut out.

Sounds like the teeth are the removed portion, so 8 holes is the accepted answer?

You will end up with 8 holes total.  4 for the left side of the frown, and 4 for the right side

JQUa1wk.jpg

not yet. im planning on trimming the top of the face plate and the inside of the eyes a little as well as triming that teple indentation on the right side.

I did however add the stickers and primered the mic tips, im hoping to finish the helmet this weekend.

Not going to paint? I was nervous about painting up mine but the stencils from trooperbay work great and I love the hand painted look. :-)

Not going to paint? I was nervous about painting up mine but the stencils from trooperbay work great and I love the hand painted look. :-)

I have the handwriting of a Dr. but not the steady hands that come with it.  I paited the gray on the ears before I did the black outline, ill have to see how that goes.

Ok so im at the forearms while I wait for my mic tips and helmet's paint to dry.

So any suggestions/comments? 

This is the right side.  See where it's at on my wrist, do I need to trim it from the wrist side or from the

elbow side?

20140802_172016.jpg?t=1406939639

20140802_172041.jpg?t=1406940233

20140802_172208.jpg?t=1406940327

This is the wrist side.  More trimming of the return edge?

20140802_172227.jpg?t=1406940394

A lot to cut, how much should I cut at a time?

20140802_172342.jpg?t=1406940507

Thanks for the help.

I think the inner return edge on the elbow end is able to go away too.  Helps prevent pinching.  Many keep at least some of the outer facing return edge on the elbow end because it's visible to the world and it helps with the illusion that the armor is thicker than it really is.  See: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25230-solicitation-of-opinions-on-forearm-bicep-return-edges/

Ok so im at the forearms while I wait for my mic tips and helmet's paint to dry.

So any suggestions/comments? 

This is the right side.  See where it's at on my wrist, do I need to trim it from the wrist side or from the

elbow side?

20140802_172016.jpg?t=1406939639

20140802_172041.jpg?t=1406940233

20140802_172208.jpg?t=1406940327

This is the wrist side.  More trimming of the return edge?

20140802_172227.jpg?t=1406940394

A lot to cut, how much should I cut at a time?

20140802_172342.jpg?t=1406940507

Thanks for the help.

Ricks got it, line up the elbow side and trim the excess of at the wrist.

Almost done I think. Testing the visor and the frown screen, need to paint the screws white, clean up the vocoder and the ear paint a bit more and install the S trim.

any tips on cleaning the paint to make it look cleaner?  Also any comments/critiques?

Front

20140803_195223-1.jpg?t=1407035223

Left Side

20140803_195237-1.jpg?t=1407121558

Right Side

20140803_195248.jpg?t=1407121515

• Like 1

Looking good, Rick!

Did you hand paint the traps/tears/ears/everything?  Or use the stickers provided?

Which eye lenses are you using?  I'm assuming the curved thick triangle shapes are the "bubble lenses" for the Hero helmet.  The thin/flimsy film that came in the cardboard tube is the flat Stunt lens material?  Did you affix the lenses yet?  If so, how?  E6000?  I've been debating getting a piece of clear lexan or something of the like to give the film a little more girth.

Looking good, Rick!

Did you hand paint the traps/tears/ears/everything?  Or use the stickers provided?

Which eye lenses are you using?  I'm assuming the curved thick triangle shapes are the "bubble lenses" for the Hero helmet.  The thin/flimsy film that came in the cardboard tube is the flat Stunt lens material?  Did you affix the lenses yet?  If so, how?  E6000?  I've been debating getting a piece of clear lexan or something of the like to give the film a little more girth.

Thanks, Michael.

I used the Stickers for the traps, tears and back, I might paint them if I have the courage later.  I painted the frown, Vocoder, ears and spray painted the mic tips.

I'm currently using the flimsy one since that one is for Stunt.  Before considering permanently installing them I might cut them into 4 pieces and use 2 per eye (theres always trooper bay for the dark ones).  I took a selfie (lol) and I could see my eyes clearly.

This is what I would love to do for the visor. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/24950-ales-anh-stunt-ata-helmet-assembly/page-2

Alexey did a badass job with her helmet, wish I had the painting skills.

How is your's going?

Using those dowels for lens mounting points is pretty slick.  I might have a few of those in the basement left over from some furniture assembly in the past.  Hmm..

I haven't started my helmet yet.  Trying to get more comfortable with some of the other pieces before I tackle the bucket.  Spent most of the afternoon making snap tabs for inside the various armor pieces.