Solicitation of opinions on forearm / bicep return edges

maxsteele

I've researched this to death.  A common conclusion amongst all my research has said to have no return edge on the wrist ends of the forearms.  I have removed those.

I've also seen consensus that all of the return edge should be removed on the curved inside arm pieces of the forearms at the elbow end.  I have removed those as well.

A majority of people said to remove all of the return edge on both pieces at the bottom of the biceps.  I have removed those.  I have also removed the top return edge on the outer piece of the bicep.

Where I found differing opinions was what to do with the return edges on the outside forearms at the elbow end, and the top inside bicep pieces.

What I'm looking for are what are people's opinions on the return edge for the outside forearm (with the dimples) at the elbow end, and the return edge of the top inside piece of the bicep (where the armpit fits).  Do you like to have some return edge?  Do you remove it completely?  Inquiring minds (mine) want to know!

It seems to me that the return edge on my forearm pieces are already pretty trim.  Screenshots like the one Nick just posted are difficult to tell from a distance just how thick it actually is.  What I"m wrestling with is - are these too thick?

KfeG7I9.jpg

I already took the return edge off on the two pieces to the right in this photo.  It seems to me like there's already a "small" return edge on these outer forearm pieces.

As for my bicep, I do think I could trim it down:

9JVkTzF.jpg

I leave my bicep return edges on but the forearms just enough to be comfortable. Nothin over 1/4 inch except the elbow area so it won't jam into my elbow. It makes the gloves harder to put on but also doesn't shift around

Thanks Derek!  That's the kind of responses I was hoping to see.  I know there's a 'best practices', but I'd like to hear what other people did directly with their return edges.

I took a ruler to the return edges on the outside elbow end of my forearms, and they are right at 1/4 inch.  I know it's harder to remove the return edge after the armor is assembled, which is why I'm second / third guessing everything right now.