Holster assemble

There's a nice tutorial on making the belt, has pictures of the attachment here, also belt to ab plate here and holster here

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 2 weeks later...

I've been reading and with all the info that's on here I would have thought for sure I would have found the proper location / url to place images for approval, or actually sense I haven't even gotten my armor yet (two weeks away and counting down) I've been looking for all the other stuff that is needed.  I've found this holster and from the image from this link :

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

it looks to be ok.  But I still wanted to make sure before putting the money down on it.

Thank You,

Daniel

BTW - With the page in the link it shows the text for the three different classes of Storm Troopers, can someone tell me where to find the info on what the difference is other than more specific details, and allot of hard work to get from one level to the next ?

post-21298-0-00444300-1406683712_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-61328300-1406683713_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-24374600-1406683715_thumb.jpg

post-21298-0-59836200-1406683716_thumb.jpg

Not sure what to do here.  I know there are answers to this question at least 5Xs over but even searches lead me in circles when it comes to very specific or hand made items.

Am I missing something.

BELIEVE me it IS possible for me to miss stuff...  As it is for the first few days I could not figure out why all my posts were Private !  

YES, It took me THAT LONG !!!

Grin...

Daniel

OK, so I know that everyone is busy and all so a bit more time I found my own answer.  Yes I know I should have read the entire site before asking questions, but I am all kinds of excited and and wanted EVERYTHING YESTERDAY !!!  Grin...

So Daniel to answer you own question, YES, that holster is just fine.   You can see from the link below :

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj

It's at the bottom and this holster will be great...

YES YES, it is actually different than this holster :

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

But it's a different classification.

I hope I answer my question for me...

Daniel

Which TK are you going for? You have an ESB holster there which just loops around the belt worn on the right side. If you are going for ANH, your holster to belt straps will need to be converted to single strap brown or black leather straps then mounted to the canvas belt by snaps, pop rivets, or Chicago screws in the location similar to the diagram provided by Eric above.

Which TK are you going for? You have an ESB holster there which just loops around the belt worn on the right side. If you are going for ANH, your holster to belt straps will need to be converted to single strap brown or black leather straps then mounted to the canvas belt by snaps, pop rivets, or Chicago screws in the location similar to the diagram provided by Eric above.

Thank You for getting back to me, I honestly DO appreciate it.  The holster is something I was already able to purchase, so I do have it and the loops are black.  I have also been doing ALLOT of reading, and then some reading, and then a bit more reading and I'm still not 100% for sure IF I even want to , or HAVE to HAVE a holster to get the very basic approval. I know that weapons (for basic) are not a necessity, so in turn I need to ask, is the holster, for basic approval, necessary ?

And gazmosis, sense it seems that you know your stuff WELL, I have to, OK, I NEED to ask a couple of other things, IF your time permits...

I've been told over and over, via Facebook, and emails and other general areas of the same interest that FISD guidelines are STRICT, and I DO want to make sure I am within those guidelines, but I see little things that throw me off.   I AM working on talking / typing to my Local Garrison, but I've waited almost 11 months (saving and stuff) to get this going and now IT HAS SHIPPED and can not even MAKE SURE my boots are correct, to start the white shoe polish process...

So now on to the question, if I were to send you the link or post here (not sure about cross posting and again don't want to make people angry) would you be able to tell me if my ability to understand the details are good enough for the boots I purchased ?  

Thank You Again for your response,

Daniel

Dan, a holster is needed for base approval.

As Steve said, what matters is which TK you are doing.  If you are making an ESB TK, then your holster is good as-is.  If you are making an ANH TK, you will need to make the modifications Steve has listed and mount it as the diagram shows that Eric posted.

This thread is about soft parts, so post away about your boots!!!

Thank You again for getting back to me.  There is a PM waiting for you.

Daniel

As for any Noob out there (like me) who can't keep their mind together and have 30 + tabs open bouncing around the Boots in question are on this thread.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27491-any-other-white-leather-boots-besides-tkboots/

Edited by DoneByDan

Just remember to breathe. We have ALL been in your shoes and have experienced the the feeling of overwhelming information overload.

Just take things one step at a time. Do it once....do it right. I wouldn't say we are so much strict as we are specific.

Everyone here is willing to lend a helping hand but your research is paramount. It is all here from thermal detonator specifics to paint colors on the helmet.

One step at a time.

Just remember to breathe. We have ALL been in your shoes and have experienced the the feeling of overwhelming information overload.

Just take things one step at a time. Do it once....do it right. I wouldn't say we are so much strict as we are specific.

Everyone here is willing to lend a helping hand but your research is paramount. It is all here from thermal detonator specifics to paint colors on the helmet.

One step at a time.

Grin, One step at a time AND breathing...  Not sure If I can do that right now. Grin...  And I like the word "specific" much better than strict as well.  And I thought the thermal detonator came with the kit ?   Guess I'm going to have to look into that as well.     And a bit of a silly question about the boots...  When trying to strip them down before painting, do we "JUST" get the top coat of wax off of them or do we keep going till no more black comes off?

Thank You Again, gazmosis...  And BTW - Would  it bother you if I capped the G in your name ?

I went until no more black came off.  You will see a distinct difference between where the polish is, and where it isn't.  It took me 45 minutes each boot to get all the polish off my Bass Amsterdams.  And don't be shy with the acetone.  :)

I went until no more black came off.  You will see a distinct difference between where the polish is, and where it isn't.  It took me 45 minutes each boot to get all the polish off my Bass Amsterdams.  And don't be shy with the acetone.   :)

45 minuets !!!  That is AWESOME !!!  I was HONESTLY considering a belt sander or something like that because I tried it all...   Even shaving cream BUT that was when I THOUGHT (THERE'S MY MISTAKE) that I had to get it down to the "natural leather" color !  

OPPS !!!

Daniel

BTW - Do we post pictures here or is that a waste of drive space ?

BTW - Do we post pictures here or is that a waste of drive space ?

Best to use photobucket some similar photo hosting service and link them here. Saves our bandwidth and they'll look better in your post.

Moar photos!

-Eric

Best to use photobucket some similar photo hosting service and link them here. Saves our bandwidth and they'll look better in your post.

Moar photos!

-Eric

Thank You for the advise.  I actually forgot that I even had a photo bucket account.

I have a somewhat odd question...  I have looked at this URL to MAKE SURE I know how to wear the holster.  I get that it's on the right side for ESB.  But does ANYONE have any pictures of themselves as an ESB trooper with their holsters ?  Weapon out preferably ?

Thanks,

Daniel

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_esb

Edited by DoneByDan