Thermal det belt clip material and widths.

I have a question.

I see on the threads that the Thermal det belt clips width is approx 1" wide.

I can only find aluminum strips in 20mm wide, that are of a thickness of 1.6mm, easy enough to bend into shape.  Is this approvable for Centurion???

The 25mm width = 1"  is 3mm thick and virtually impossible to get a tight bend in for the belt hook section. The only other 1" width i could find is only 1mm thick and too flimsy to hold shape well.

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Andrew

I know you are overseas and I don't know what hardware stores you have there but I am sure one has a section they call the metal shop. What has always come through is 1 inch wide by 1/16 thick. That is very close to what was used originally.

Thanks guys, will continue my search for appropriate width, as i would like to keep it as close to canon as possible.  Will try Masters ( known in the USA as Lowes) same chain, they may have what I need.

Did find an aluminum manufacturer, but he would only sell in length of 4 meters, I think that's about 12 foot of alloy strip.

Cheers

I used the 1mm thick stuff from Bunnings Andrew. Once it's bent into shape the longest bit is only 50-70mm long, so it's quite sturdy. There's a bit of give in it, but I doubt it will move out of shape.

Thanks SL, will give it a try, it's cheap enough, might buy a strip to play around with first as my armour hasn't arrived yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk