chest plate and spacing questions...

Is there another way to keep the upper chest and back together other than the elastic? I have been digging around and dont see one... i think it looks to far apart. thought about a small piece of belt with snaps to the ab plate and back plate...

on another note, how much gap do yall think is good in the middle of the ab and back plate?

I have been thinking of shiming it solid looking from the back plate.

I use straps on each side along the bottom of the chest/back using a snaps/straps as you describe. Mine is black on the TD, white on the TK. It's been working great for me.

Ideally there should be no gap between the ab and the back, though it's this way in the FX kit it's not that way in the TE2. In ANH one side was riveted together.

To fill the gap, various materials I've heard people used for this purpose include but are not limited to:

1) ABS

2) Styrene

3) White canvas

4) White elastic

Personally I think ABS is the way to go to match the armor.

I think then i am going to use snaps on the ABS strips i got with the kit to fill the gap. that way it is removable. I am using navy uniform belts for all the suit suspension, they look sharp. Ill have to post pics.

One more thing on the chest and back, Might sound silly, but how far can you turn your head?

My helmet is almost stationary, it hits the chest.

I had this happen on a clone helmet one. The only real solutions I can see are:

1) Add more padding to the top of the helmet.

2) Get a more accurate, smaller ANH helmet from AP, TE2, or RT.

Looking the second pix around the neck area looks about right. Possible to post pix of how far you can turn your head?

I'd also suggest trimming down the diameter of the thighs (not hard to do) and moving them up a bit. Other than that, it looks good.

I fixed the thighs, that was a gotta se how it looks pic, couldnt help it, suit is way to cool!

I used the hard hat suspension, and i like the way i can see from the eye pieces, they are almost as close as sunglasses, but i might have gotten the liner to low. My nose is close too the helmet under the lenses.

ill try to take a pic to night. could you pm me info on the smaller helmets?

Thanks...

Man, what a great system. I cheated and rivet'ed mine together. Another mod to try in the future, once I replace my shoulder straps (rivet holes).

You could try a canvas/webbing strap like this.

[

I'm also thinking about removing the gap by replacing my ABS belt with canvas.

Question: Will the abs belt pieces work for the abs connection? I'm worred they will be too stiff using them the long way. Would heating (nuke or hair dryer) allow me to provide a natural curve?