Holster-to-canvas belt attachment

I thought I'd post this method...I'm sure it's been done this way before but I couldn't find a thread like this, sooooo

I decided to use threaded-post screws for 2 reasons.

1) it gave me the look I was after on the front of the belt, and

2)the straps for my holster were really thick!

turned out pretty good i think

jIfKe9k.jpg

DR72mmc.jpg

WMLsOVv.jpg

mHhFZpH.jpg

sD9aMYg.jpg

Great idea, I like the overall look.

Pretty sharp rig you have there, aren't you about ready for elite?

almost...I gotta attach the ammo belt to the canvas. I'm exploring some options before I disassemble my current belt (I'm a chicken) :D

Two things. First the holster looks awefully close to where the end of the belt is, most belts end a little bit further away, just my opinion. Second, do you not have a plastic piece inside where the belt is attached? It helps hold the weight and not let the belt pinch up. I do like the method you got there, it's perfect for thick holsters.

That method does look sharp...I may have to try that out with my second belt. :)

First the holster looks awefully close to where the end of the belt is, most belts end a little bit further away, just my opinion.

It looks as if he's moved the velcro attachment point so that its more to the side than directly behind him. That way he won't have to try and velcro up the two pieces more-or-less blindly as he can still see both ends directly behind the holster. That's my guess, at least.

lol good eyes guys.

As for the position of the holster: I don't have the ammo pack attached to the front of the belt yet but if I did, you'd see that the holster is RIGHT at the end of it. I have a 32" waist, which makes for a short belt :D

Kind of like the dude at the far right here...my holster makes it almost all the way to the thermal detonator:

0g9TvOr.jpg

this is me with my current ABS belt:

D6eA4CR.jpg

position pics...what can I say I'm a skinny dude. I get a wraparound holster.

JaVAOoD.jpg

jRahjTU.jpg

2AiPmEj.jpg

z5SJ7t4.jpg

In fact, it will actually be even more toward the back than these pics show...by about an inch (till where the forward strap is just behind the ab plate seam)...and that is with the edge of the ammo belt right next to it. I guess I need to eat more cheeseburgers.

almost...I gotta attach the ammo belt to the canvas. I'm exploring some options before I disassemble my current belt (I'm a chicken) :D

SNAPS! That's what I did.