Nervous About Armor

I ordered a new full kit from AM.  Based on the description of the armor I thought it would be best for me.  They have been very helpful so far.  My kit is supposed to be here in a few weeks.  My concern is that I read a few negative posts about the armor after the fact.  Should I be worried?  Better yet, are there things that I can specifically do that will make the armor better/more accurate?  The pics that I've seen of the AM armor look good to me.  Maybe untrained eye. I'm kinda stocky.  5'10 200lbs

I wouldn't worry at all. I think you made a solid choice based on what you thought is best suited for you.

Negative comments can be found on just about all the armors but you did the right thing by reading up & making your choice. Armor kits in general do cost a lot and make it  difficult to settle on one armor but I think you will be happy with your new kit when it comes.

:) And if you find yourself with more cash in hand in the future, you can always take the dive and get a kit from another maker.

Best of luck with your kit when it comes and have fun building it!

My brother and I went with AM, and I just read that this run is sold out so you are not alone in getting one.  We should be able to see a lot more AM armor builds coming in.  Im not the type to post my progress but im going to do my best to do so.

The only thing you should worry about is the building, that's where i'm at. Im wigging out every day closer to shipment.

It's all a lot of fun once you get started - yes... There are moments of anxiety. I'm frozen on the idea of cutting the thighs to fit, and waiting for my strapping kit to arrive so I can get the torso put together for test fitting them.

Outside of that though, it has been a great experience so far!

You'll be fine, look at all of the people that have managed to do it before you. :D

Remember to measure twice, or 3 times, and cut once! Thats always sound advice!

I think ther armor you chose is great for your build and you'll be just fine. It is daunting at first, but once you get into the swing of it, its really not too bad.

I always attach the fronts of the shins, thighs, forearms, and biceps first then its easy to adjust the rear to fit. Unless you are super built, that method should work for ya.

You just have to do what you think is best for you. If it turns out you don't like it, you can always resell it at about the same price you paid for it, sometimes more and sometimes a bit less. I too have AM armor on the way and am just about done getting the rest of what I need for the build and for the ANH stunt TK. Your going to want at least your undersuit, neck seal, and boots before you begin trimming the armor to size for more accurate fittings.

Your always going to find people who will try to talk you out of each armor, but it all comes down to YOU and your wants.

Will do! Its kinda difficult to scale right now since AM has altered their armor to be more accurate. After watching pandatroopers build, I have every bit of confidence that I can make the AM armor work for me. Also, they are very good at responding to questions and have exceeded my expectations on customer service. I am on a budget, and do not want to wait 7 months before even receiving my armor. My theory is this, get this armor, make it work for me, and troop the heck out of it. If later on down the road I would like to go for a more expensive armor, I always have the option of selling my AM armor for close to what I paid for it(and sometimes more, depending on what kind of mods are made).

Personally, I still find myself researching, but am confident in my armor selection. I almost have everything I need, minus only a few things, to complete my TK(aside from the armor which I will hopefully be receiving before the end of the month). My personal goal is to build ANH stunt TK, and later add on to make it interchangeable as ANH Tk and a HWT, or maybe just go TD. I have set a goal of having my armor completed and submitted no later than October 1st(I really want to be able to trick or treat with my 5 year old that is as obsessed with Star Wars as I am)....but that is just me. Its all personal preference.

Everyone has their way of doing things basically. I started by collecting my undersuit, snaps, elastic, snap plates, neck seal, holster, e-11, boots, gloves, cancas belt e 6000, decals, foam padding, rivets, rivet gun, etc. before my armor gets here.

For sizing, its probably best to have at least your undersuit, neck seal, gloves, and boots before your armor arrives. That way when it does, you will have a more accurate measurement for your armor.

Wow i typed a lot! Don't get me wrong, I am no expert, but I have come a long way in a short amount of time. Hope this helps!