My Hasbro ANH E11 Blaster Build... Please don't let me screw it up!

Zarlon

There ya go! And yes free handing a circle is tougher than it seems for sure! Wish I would have thought about magnifying sheets! Good pick up sir!

I was actually just looking for a normal magnifying glass but when I found the sheet instead I thought it might work. So far it looks good but my wife, with her steady hand, actually ended up cutting the circle for me :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're rockin' this build, Kyle!  I'm enjoying every post, but I should probably stop reading them...you're making me want to build a Hasbro blaster now!  :)

Do it! It's been a lot of fun and an awesome learning experience. I'm really glad I decided to build my own and not buy one. 

This is coming along really well - great job :salute:

Thank you sir! I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend so I can begin the helmet build. Stay tuned...

And he gets to dremel/grind metal indoors at the kitchen table  :blink:

My wife is a saint! She even took the picture for me  :duim:

Actual paint has actually been applied and holy crap do I have more sanding to do!

ZC8Gm9z.jpg

4Dx0nZw.jpg

JU0lCZm.jpg

wa6fGxe.jpg

It's amazing to see all of the areas that I missed. A coat of paint really points out the weak spots so it looks like I have something to do tonight.

I made more progress last night and have a couple coats of black paint on the blaster but before I post those I wanted to show a change that I made. I was having trouble getting the electrical cord to look right so instead I went to the auto parts store and bought an automotive O-ring. It fit perfectly and looks great.

h8Zy11V.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture but trust me when I say it looks great :)

Okay the black paint has been applied. Now I have to assemble the scope end piece and then give it some weathering.

qpI8tP7.jpg

oiYmmzZ.jpg

jrELvZE.jpg

Are you planning to do a clear coat after weathering?

I was thinking about it until I started handling the blaster a bit yesterday. After that I'm definitely going to do it because the paint chips off pretty easily.

Well I think I'm just about done. I finished painting last night and most of the weathering is complete. All she needs now is a little more weathering and then a coat of satin sealer.

HP4MBWS.jpg

U1slEuC.jpg

I finished my final weathering touches last night and will be spraying everything with the seal coat tonight. I'll post pics of the finished (until I modify it again) blaster tomorrow.

Well it took me over a month and a half but I can finally say it's finished.Below are some pictures of the completed blaster.

Rhm49ZL.jpg

gJcy5tK.jpg

ffCNOMh.jpg

YFIA03T.jpg

uoPseuQ.jpg

6duFJn6.jpg

UBNeA1s.jpg

aLuDjn4.jpg

Big thanks to everyone who posted here and gave me your input. This really is a great place to hang out!

Looks awesome! Great choice with the Jar Jar as well ;) it was fun building these e11s with ya Kyle!

What did ya put in the front of the blaster btw?

And do ya plan on fitting a scope lens to the front of the scope?

Or is that the LED in the front?

That is the LED in front. I thought about adding the front scope lens and tried to do it with the material I had but it looked strange. I might go back to it later but for now I think I'll leave it as is. Its been fun Andrew. Thanks for all the input!

Thank YOU for yours as well! I must say we aren't half bad at these hasbro conversions lol

That's right and we didn't even screw it up :)

Edited by Zarlon

NICE WORK!!!

Kyle, that's a beautiful job on the conversion.

Looks great!

Thanks Tim! It was a lot of fun.

I received my mod kit from DoopyDoos yesterday.  Blaster should be here by tomorrow or Thursday if the USPS tracking is correct.  Looking forward to getting started and using your build thread and Fuumantroop's to guide me through it.   :duim:

Edited by dldigital