DD Bolt Handle Question

Starfox2010

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently working on the bolt and handle and need some help.  I just got done sanding out a wider opening for the handle to fit through, now I need help with attaching it to the bolt.  Im wanting to use it for trooping, so i'm assuming I should screw it on. Any ideas on how and what type of screw?

huLEUCz.jpg

Removing that extra piece at the bottom of the handle will make it look very small with the thickness of the tube, so I would like to keep it.  unless you guys dont think it looks good with it.

IUOsgnd.jpg

Thanks for your help.

I suppose you could use a 4-40 cap screw.  Remove the slide.  Drill a hole for the 4-40 though the slide where it needs to mount.  Drill and tap the bolt handle.  Then drill an access hole on the opposite side of the slide so you can stick the cap screw through on the end of an Allen wrench.  tighten and enjoy.

That larger portion was a baseplate to the charging handle that actually fit into a recess in the bolt itself. No big deal to have it the way you do. As for screw size, you can use any screw with any thread pattern as long as the hole you drill for it is proper. By proper I mean the thread shaft should bite into the resin with a little bit of resistance but not too much to crack the resin.

one helpful way is to pilot drill a small hole the size of the shaft of the screw, and then let the screw itself tap the threads.

you can remove the tab at the bottom or leave it on, depending upon the depth of your inner support.