TK-6276 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status[ATA][123]

Nothing makes me smile more than when I'm minding my own business, reading Centurion applications and I come across something I did being used as a reference... :)

'Contributor' tag, well deserved

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing makes me smile more than when I'm minding my own business, reading Centurion applications and I come across something I did being used as a reference... :)

The top rail was "supposed" to be steel...but if you read my build thread a little further, you'll find the agony of defeat, where I realized I bought a 1/8" steel bar in error.  Bending 1/8" steel is tough without heat and that's when I noticed it...you'd think I would have noticed during cutting and filing, but I think I was preoccupied with making my 4th rail.  Sooo, the 1/16" rail you see in the top picture is actually made from 1/16" aluminum angle.  Turns out it's difficult to find 1/16" steel bar.  The 1/16" aluminum rail doesn't bow very much AND that's with a REAL scope and counter (heavy) attached.  Maybe having the counter bracket and rail cut from one piece provides a little "rigidity" in the middle.  Whatever the case, I think a 1/16" aluminum rail would work fine with a resin scope and counter attached.

NICE WORK on all your modifications, Jason!!!!  Congratulations!!! :duim:

Thank you sir! I luckily found a 1/16 aluminum bar at the Depot for my detonator brackets which made bending and placing so much easier. But when I had to make a scope rail I hit 4 Depots with no luck. I couldn't find any 1/16 so I had to get 1/8 and it was a pain to make that little bend by hand in the front of the rail but I got it as close as I could.