Back thighs and shins AP armor

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is already out there but from what I've seen, I'm still confused. I am ready to do the cover strips and apply Velcro for the back of my thighs and shins, AP armor. Should the edges of the actual thigh pieces butt up against each other? Same for the shins? And then place the cover strip? Or can the joints overlap and the covers trip looks like it's covering the thigh joints and shin joints? I plan on using Velcro to hold each closed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Butt them together, then center and glue the cover strip to one side only, making sure the opening is facing inwards... aka the left shin would have the cover strip glued to the left side, leaving the right side unglued and the right shin having only the right side of the rear cover strip glued down... that way you can either strap it like the originals with hooks, or you can apply velcro instead of glue to the side you didn't glue down, seeing as the cover strip is 25mm this should be enough room for a thin strip of velcro, but make sure you use industrial velcro as anything else would likely pop open if you put any pressure on it.

I'm not sure what you mean about the thighs.. the thighs should be fully closed... Hope that wasn't too confusing haha

Thanks Brandon.... Especially for the diagrams! For the thighs, sorry for any confusion. I mean should the thighs have the same butt joints like you show with the calves diagram?

Thanks again....

Thanks Brandon.... Especially for the diagrams! For the thighs, sorry for any confusion. I mean should the thighs have the same butt joints like you show with the calves diagram?

Thanks again....

No problem, happy to help :) Yea thighs should be butt joined with a cover strip and fully closed like the biceps and forearms.

fully closed just means that you have no visible gap.

you don't have to glue them together.

having the thighs glued together just makes the whole costume hard to put on.

mine are not glued.

there are lot's of little aspects to the screen used methods that don't work for some of us.

as long as the parts look good on the outside it should be fine, all the way up to centurion.

if the parts slightly overlap, that's not really a problem, actually on my AP kit my thighs

and my shins overlap about 1/2" for the shins, and about an inch or so on the thighs.

the whole key in my opinion is to make the parts fit you without looking too large.

they don't have to be tight... just not too big.

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2014 at 7:28 AM, Palpatine1977 said:

Heres a quick diagram to help

---------------

On 5/7/2014 at 8:14 AM, Slangen said:

Thanks again....

On 5/7/2014 at 8:32 AM, Palpatine1977 said:

No problem, happy to help :) Yea thighs should be butt joined with a cover strip and fully closed like the biceps and forearms.

:D ....Yerrh Brandon, great diagrams mate :duim:

(Boy!, I'm so glad that I tag up all MY stuff now, 'coz you just don't know when and where they will pop up)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed