Biceps, how small should they be...

I realize that this is obviously personal, and mostly a matter of opinion, but I am curious about your opinions.  I have an NE kit from Tupperware TK and I have done a little bit of trimming on my biceps.  However, I think I could dramatically increase the comfort level by taking off another half inch on the front side where my pectoral muscle and shoulder come together.

13889832610_96171c2cc6_q.jpgIMAG5140 by bobby_whalen, on Flickr

Basically, I am considering trimming off the part above the pencil line.

14076422075_f4e5faf1a4_q.jpgIMAG5138 by bobby_whalen, on Flickr

I realize that this part is under the shoulder bell and also sort of in my armpit, but I want to get it right.  

If this was your armor, what would you do?

If that was my armor i wouldn't trim it. First because it would alter the original lines, second because i don't think ot would increase their fit. In fact, if i were to modify something on your biceps, it would be their sizing, right now they (or at least the left one) seem too wide regarding your arm.

I wouldn't trim those areas.  It really won't help as far as fitment goes.  Those areas will be under your shoulder bells.  I would, as Germain mentioned, trim the biceps down to get a tighter fit.  Either that or put some foam pieces inside the bicep to make it fit better.  Personally, I would go with what Germain mentioned.

If that was my armor i wouldn't trim it. First because it would alter the original lines, second because i don't think ot would increase their fit. In fact, if i were to modify something on your biceps, it would be their sizing, right now they (or at least the left one) seem too wide regarding your arm.

I wouldn't trim those areas.  It really won't help as far as fitment goes.  Those areas will be under your shoulder bells.  I would, as Germain mentioned, trim the biceps down to get a tighter fit.  Either that or put some foam pieces inside the bicep to make it fit better.  Personally, I would go with what Germain mentioned.

Thank you guys for responding.  

I'll leave them alone then.  When I'm all done, if it still bugs me, I'll consider it then.  My main concern is when I raise my arms forward - the top inside corner of the bicep part rubs against the front side of my shoulder, and then the bicep part seems to slide down my arm a little bit.  When I return my are to my side the part is then sitting lower on my arm. I really can't trim the parts any smaller. As of right now, when I flex my bicep I feel as though I may break the parts apart at the seam.  Obviously, I won't be doing this while trooping, but I will likely be holding my blaster which causes my muscles to contract in a similar way...

I realize that when my shoulders and chest are done, and it's all attached to each other inside - this will prevent that sliding a bit.  This is my first set of armor, so I am just trying to troubleshoot all the problems that arise along the way.

Sounds like your wearing them to high. 

twH8sSD.jpg

With arm bent, they should rest close to your forearm. This will be sorted out when you try everything on. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021