Some noob questions

Howdy, I'm getting ready to do my first build...I'm leaning torwards an ARC trooper or Capt Rex.

I've got a few random questions that have been itching my brain:

• How good/bad is the visibility when wearing a helmet?
  • Is sitting down a bad idea?
  • How easy is it to...erm...use the bathroom?
  • Can you dance while suited up?

Thanks in advance :)

-Ted

Welcome Ted!

Clones are very cool, but maybe the troops at the clonetrooper detachement can give you better advice: http://forum.clonetroopers.net/

The visibility in stormtrooper armor is not that good. You can easily look over small children, stairs or other obstacles. Also everything is now green, because of the green acetate lens used in TK helmets.

Sitting down is possibile for some troopers (me included), but depends on the material of your armor, your strapping and finally the level of risk you are willing to take.

I usually take of my arm and torso armor to go to the bathroom for a small break, but a big break means a full "strip tease" for me.

What kind of dance do you mean? Some standard things like discofox, walzer and so are possible, but break dance would be difficult ;)

Good luck on your way, maybe you will find your love for TKs <3

• How good/bad is the visibility when wearing a helmet? Bit hard to look down at children, but walking around is fine
  • Is sitting down a bad idea? Very bad idea, although I can sit on the edge of a table or suitcase ;)
  • How easy is it to...erm...use the bathroom? I use a two piece suit, there is enough room when you undue the bottom snap to jiggle things into place :D
  • Can you dance while suited up? Why wouldn't you, YES we can dance

Now jump on board and get suited up :D

Any advice on going to the movies, with the suit on? Any experienced movie-watchers? VII is coming soon, and I'm not planning on leaving the suit at home :D

Well, I think if you were to just un-snap the cod and butt piece, and remove the butt.. you should technically be able to sit down lol, althought it may not be very comfortable.. now for those of us with the original suit strapping... cant really sit down haha

Hehe :)

Personally I took pretty much everything of when i watched the Hobbit in suit. I probably could have had a few pieces on but the problems are that everything will be green, you will sound A LOT when you move even the slightest and mainly you will be too focused on other things so the movie experience might not be the best...

With this said it is super cool to walk around in the armor before and after the movie but if you want to see the actual movie I would recommend taking

it of.

Good luck! :)