Armor Review Input Welcomed!

Truly there is no rush, I'm just trying to be fair to others. Truly the lost of 6 can't be the only people who make armor. Its like saying only drink Starbucks because Starbucks is everywhere and 'owns coffee' and not have dunkin donuts because it's from the east coast and Indiana took some business from it.. (Sorry I love coffee)

The legion from what I hear don't own any rights to this armor at all.. And yes I understand that the 'vetted-sellers' are go to about the armor.. But in a way I feel pushed one way.. I'm doing my research like you said and I'm digging.. Deep. Trying to understand all the controdictions of the FISD with armor.

Bryan, I know I got burned once, but that doesn't mean I'll do it again. I'm just laying out all the options really. A out MTK, even if he made his own mods its still considered recast I presume? But get its okay. He's not a vetted seller.. Not allowed on the site but a lot wear his armor. I'm puzzled. The FISD makes is seem there is only one way to go to get into thus legion.. Either 'ATA or MTK' for me so either a frap or capachino. No dunkins.

I can see how my armor set this time around didn't make it through. I realise that now after doing a ton of reasech on the armor however, some sets out there look and check out okay..

I just Dont understand the bias..

Since the 501st is a charitable organization.. I thought I would see more charitable attitudes out of everyone on here.. It just seems like a huge business drama organization like the rest of this world..

You´re a hard nut to crack.

Where is the problem?

You got on the list RS, TM, CfO, ATA, AP, T/MC and RT-MOD.

They all either sculpted the armor themselves (TM and RT-MOD), cast originals (RS and CfO) or gained the rights to cast the armor ( ATA, AP, T/MC).

Those who gained the rights mostly paid for them. And we don´t speak about $50.

CTM and all the other rubish just COPIED without PERMISSION.

That is the point. Nothing more and nothing less.

Concerning MTK and CAP/ CAP-W I am unsure why they are not on the list. I´ve read the explanation some time ago, but got no clue where.

Both paid a small fortune to gain there molds/permission to cast either. Again, CTM, makerofthings and all of them did not.

Since the 501st is a charitable organization.. I thought I would see more charitable attitudes out of everyone on here.. It just seems like a huge business drama organization like the rest of this world..

What do you mean with charitable attitudes?

Oh hey, when a chinese motor company copies a Ford Mustang, propably Ford would say: "Today I got a charitable attitude, let them do there thing and make a lot of money!"

Got that?

Our vetted armor makers provide us with what we all dreamed of as a child. They are reliable and put amounts of money into getting the possibility to do so.

It is clear that good armor costs its price, but we happily pay it, because they worked hard for it.

It is our "duty" to protect their armor, to not let it be recasted and to let other people make easy money with it.

Nothing about charity.

You do charity when you troop and collect money for a childrens hospital or whatever.

In the end you can get into the 501st with a recast armor.

But can you live with that ;) that is the question.

Also keep in mind that most of the guys who sell those kits do not do it on their free time. It's their living! How would you react if someone would steal your job without being able to do anything against it?

BTW, Minuteman has done an excellent diagram of the different armor makers family-tree. You might be interrested in reading it if you haven't already done it :

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26414-trooper-armor-familiy-tree-an-experiment/#entry333188

While we are involved with charities, we are, first and foremost, a costuming club.