painting help

A toothpick dipped in paint thinner works well for cleaning up those little paint spill-overs.

I'm not sure the type of material your helmet is made out of, so I would suggest testing this method out on a spare piece of your helmet from when you were trimming it.  Put some paint on it, let it dry, then use the toothpick / thinner to remove some of the paint and see if it causes any marks or other issues on the plastic.

x acto works.  also can use novus polish. by reverse masking.

of course you can always look at this referance photo

if you look closely you should follow this

TX4rhME.png

qY77gUR.jpg

see how I used a rough line? to match the helmet shown?

it's better looking compared to the game with this type IMHO.

I'm with Vern on this. It doesn't need to be a perfect line. It almost looks like war paint slapped on at the last moment before battle... Since you're going to add the battle-worn details (right?) it doesn't need to be perfect first.

That said, for myself I prefer perfect before weathering/damaging the paint job... ;) It's just hard to let go.

I tried my best to follow a different rendering than the one shown above... but I will be making mine look a little more like the one

shown above, as I work to complete the armor.

some adjustments need to be made as I move my shop around.

I brushed my paint on by hand taking care to use a pattern I felt closely resembles the original scratches.

doing the character in a "clean" style did not appeal to me as much as making it look more worn.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392