Imperial Social Media - Your Suggestions Please!

LadyInWhite

Ladies and Gents of the Detachment,

Our followers on Facebook, Twitter, and now Instagram are climbing. However, these are not very active outlets for the detachment so far.

I would like to know more about 

a. whether you are a follower of any of these accounts, and why or why not?

b. what kinds of posts you would like to see on these accounts - what would be meaningful to you?

and c. if you have other suggestions for social media?

Keep in mind that these outlets are public-facing, so we have to be careful about posting any "insider" information - for example, non-FISD members can't follow links to threads. FB is probably 50% or more non-FISD people. 

That is all, thank you so much for your thoughts and feedback!!

Ingrid

a. I follow the facebook account. I'm hardly active on insta and twitter but I do follow the Instagram one.

b. I think it would be nice to see trooping activities from time to time of the FB page. And maybe really really short tutorials (maybe helmets, blasters, accessories) just to get more publicity on it maybe? :D

c. mmmm maybe a youtube channel? beats me what we could put on it though. and there're already many trooping vids online already hehe

a. I follow the facebook account. I'm hardly active on insta and twitter but I do follow the Instagram one.

b. I think it would be nice to see trooping activities from time to time of the FB page. And maybe really really short tutorials (maybe helmets, blasters, accessories) just to get more publicity on it maybe? :D

c. mmmm maybe a youtube channel? beats me what we could put on it though. and there're already many trooping vids online already hehe

+1 I do check in on the FB page from time to time and it doesn't seem to get a lot of updating during the month, perhaps some interesting troops or small right up on members doing their bit for the empire :D

I like the idea of a quick helmet tutorial. If 50% are non 501st-members this might be interesting for those. They could see: hey not that diffucult at all and maybe want to join :-)

I am a follower of our facebook page and the activity is almost non-existent. We definitely need to amp it up a bit.

This is a "fan" page that we have. It is the same style page that the garrisons and other detachment pages have. It is geared towards the general public more so than an internal source for us but we should ALL follow it and have fun with it.

Some things I would like to see on facebook:

1) Create a photo album of our EIB troopers. Post one here and there weekly giving a shout out and be sure to tag the troopers garrison in it. It will bring more attention to our page from that garrisons members/followers. The EIB photo album should be titled with a description something like " Expert Infantry - the best looking troopers in the galaxy " or something catchy that the public can easily grasp. This would be a fun way to bring attention to the program and hopefully inspire peoples interests and motivate more troopers to go for the award. 

2) Post photos and activity of our Fireteams. Be sure to tag the garrisons that they are a part of too. This will bring more attention and hopefully create more of a buzz about the FISD Fireteams throughout the legion.

3) a costuming tip/build of the week is a great idea.

4) absolutely 100% we should be sharing posts from the 501st facebook page to show our comradeship with the rest of our amazing legion.

5) We should be posting the lastest SW news too. Content about the movies, cartoons, toys etc. It is tragic that we haven't even celebrated the return of the stormtrooper in the upcoming rebels cartoon publicly (THAT IS HUGE!).... Even with the highly criticized look from our standpoint of the cartoon trooper ..... this is big and people are very excited about it. 

6) create an album of the FISD trading card images and post them weekly with a tag of the garrison....giving a shout out to the trooper. People love trading cards and images of them when they are posted on line. 

7) Post things like " The differences between ANH troopers and ESB, ROTJ armor details. Use photos to point out areas that are different. People find it actually fascinating that there is a difference between them after talking to me about it. It would seem interesting to the general public I think...

8) post photos of the other white trooper costumes (TKC, INC etc..) with info on the characters origin/appearance in the SW universe  

Facebook is HUGE and highly visible to the world. We need to really get it going more so than we currently  do.

These are some of my ideas. As far as twitter goes.....I suggest we have the facebook and twitter accounts joined so that when we post on facebook...it automatically goes out on twitter too. This will save the time of the one who is working our social media end and it will get a lot of content out there for our twitter followers.

I am the PRO for the IGC. I launched the Imperial Gunnery Facebook page only last year and we have over 1000 followers already. Here is a link to the page and you can see some of the stuff I do. All of our posts automatically go up on twitter too...

https://www.facebook.com/imperialgunnerycorps

I also created a Fireteam liberty page. I haven't done as much activity on this one as much I as want to....I'm actually in the process of appointing one of our troopers to work the social media end for our fireteam so this page can get going more...

https://www.facebook.com/libertyfireteam

Edited by Redforce

5) We should be posting the lastest SW news too. Content about the movies, cartoons, toys etc. It is tragic that we haven't even celebrated the return of the stormtrooper in the upcoming rebels cartoon publicly (THAT IS HUGE!).... Even with the highly criticized look from our standpoint of the cartoon trooper ..... this is big and people are very excited about it.

+1 for this. I think you'll all begin to tolerate them soon enough...didn't the CTN feel the same way about the animated clones back when they came out? Now look at how many of them there are. If I was a member of a detachment, I'd be thrilled at the idea of getting a new costume to emulate, and would want to see as much of that as possible.

+1 for a Youtube channel. I notice a lot of garrisons have their own channels, but it would be cool to see one, centralized channel for FISD troops.

Also, I'd like to see more attention given to Instagram. I'm on Facebook quite a lot, but Instagram is a close second.

I'm not a member of FISD, nor the 501st, but it's entertaining to follow both groups.

Edited by SolidScrafty

Thanks, guys! Keep the ideas flowing... these are great so far.

Sam "Kessel Run" Kisselberg and I will come up with some kind of Publicity Plan and present it to brass.