RT Bucket vs. "Normal Bucket."

Could someone point me at a photo comparison of the size difference between an RT Bucket and a Normal Bucket? I've been searching the forums but haven't come across one. I'm just curious if the size diffrance is really that apparent if one was to mix and match. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can throw at this.

do you have a big head and are concerned with sizing? theres really not a big difference. a "regular" size TE derived bucket has plenty of room. my ata and capw helmets varied in size by MAYBE a half inch? you can always use thinner padding. get in contact with your garrison and ask to try helmets on

jnnfr72's picture: RT left, AP right

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm just a large guy overall (6' 3", 230) and will probably need to go with RT's suit. I had been looking at Cap-W's buckets and was just curious what the effect would be if I mixed and matched. I'm hoping to get to meet some of my local garrison in the next month or so.

Thank you for the picture!

I'm just a large guy overall (6' 3", 230) and will probably need to go with RT's suit. I had been looking at Cap-W's buckets and was just curious what the effect would be if I mixed and matched. I'm hoping to get to meet some of my local garrison in the next month or so.

Thank you for the picture!

Keep in mind that plastic color might not match. If that matters.

Brian,

I'm not sure if you've read the specs on Rob's (RT-Mod) armor kit/helmet yet, but he sculpted it to about a 104% scale relative to the originals, so it is 4% larger.  It is probably not enough to make it look massive if using a normally sized armor, but it is enough of a difference that it could indeed be noticeable in some capacity.

I don't think the difference is that noticable. I'm 6'4" and have RT armor with an AP helmet. 

---------------

Can't say how much color difference there is, 'cause mine got all dirty ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I don't know about CAP/W but RT is a totally different color than ATA. I have an ATA belt and its really noticeable in the brightness of day. 

Maybe Scootch can comment on the color difference between CAP/W and RT. I bet he owns an RT... because I'm pretty sure he has a suit from just about every maker out there.

-Eric

Thanks. I was actually thinking the other direction. RT's armor with a different bucket. I'm really just exploring the pros and cons of the various options I have seen so I can come up with a long term financial and build strategy for all of this. All this input has been really helpful guys!

Hi, CAP-W will be white styrene out of the box. Typically these get painted. I have seen differences in paint colors for example, Rustoleum paint for plastic gloss white has a slight "antique" flavor to it most likely due to the bonding agent mixed into the paint.... wheras Rustoleum Gloss white protective enamel is a brilliant bright white. When the protective enamel is color sanded, polished, and waxed it has the appearance of a deep glossy finish and when as an example you have a painted, polished, waxed CAP-W lid with an FX or AP armor they look good together.

No sir I am afraid I have not owned or personally inspected an RT Mod kit. It is possible to find a color of gloss white paint which after color sanding, polishing, and waxing will be a near perfect match to whatever glossy plastic you have for armor. I know it's been pointed out before that many trooper's helmets didn't match exactly to their armor in finish, (on the silver screen). I also realize it's better to be a close match when exposed to the public. If one were patient enough and could spare twenty bucks it wouldn't be a huge undertaking to experiment a little.

I've had good results with this method:

1. Prime helmet with Rustoleum Primer which bonds with plastic

2. Wet sand with 600 grit

3. Shoot with Rustoleum Gloss white protective enamel

4. Wet sand with 800 or finer (just to knock down any over spray dusting)

5. Polish with Griot's #2 or #3 polish using a foam polishing ball in a cordless drill. (all of this can be found at most auto parts stores)

6. Once you have completed your helmet final details, decals, etc, wax the whole thing with Griot's Speed Shine or any automotive wax.

7. Buff this with a fine towel and enjoy the shine.

Viewing the photo above, I don't see much of a size difference in the two helmets. AP is known for running a bit on the smaller side when compared to the TE lids, so you may be fine with the entire RT kit. Your best bet would be get it all up front, then if the lid isn't "just right" you can always move forward from there.  I can build  two of my CAP helmets entirely different and you would swear they were two completely different makes, it's definately in "how you build it"

More food for thought, following up on Scootch's comments regarding building the bucket... Unless you tell him otherwise, Rob (RT-Mod) builds the buckets for you as part of his standard services. So you can look at a few RT build threads, and get a good idea how it will look.