Legion ID and multiple costumes

Marvinrobot

As I sit patiently waiting for my Garrison to approve my membership request I thought I would ask some of you vets a question concerning multiple costumes and subsequent ID numbers...so how does that work? I'm guessing my first ID is going to be TK-XXXX, but I'm also just one step away (weather/dirty the armor) from being TD-XXXX. I'm actually torn only in the sense that being a military guy loyalty is a huge thing for me, that being said I naturally feel inclined to being a TK since this community has been such a great help. Maybe I've gone off the deep end, because after all it is just plastic...did any of you face this same dilema. It's kind of the age old question which Frat house do I pledge to?

There are costume designators and your Legion ID. Your Legion ID is sometimes called a TKID, even if someone does not have a TK costume. That number is yours for life. Mine is 8020.

Then there are costume designations. TK = stormtroopers, TD = sandtroopers, etc. You get a designator based on your costume, and can have multiple. Most folks do indeed have more than one costume. Thus, I'm TK/TD-8020. By the end of this year I hope to be ID/IC/IN/TK/TD-8020 :)

Usually your acceptance is just a few days turn-around. Unless your GML is on vacation there's no reason for it to take > 1 week.

If you dirty up and modify your TK armor to TD, you can no longer keep the TK designation either, unless you can easily change back and forth. TK = clean, TD = Dirty Dirty TK's are not TK's or TD's until the ab and sniper plates are put on, Pouldren and Pack are donned and BFG acquired.

I've seen some folks try to do this, but to do it right not only would you have to strip off and re-apply the weathering every time, you also have to have a spare shin, ab plate, and easily swappable stickers for your bucket. Really not worth the effort for most.

It's kinda sorta up to your GML. Technically weapons are not part of any costume standard except for Sith Lords. Most GML's will require TD's to have a BFG whether they are MEPD or not. Considering that 1/3 of all Legion sandtroopers are MEPD, it's a fair assumption that when the CRL comes out it will specify one. At least, the draft CRL specified one.

While you may get a pass w/o one, I'd plan on buying/making one sooner than later if I were you. My $.02 as a GML and long time MEPD member.

I intend to use my TKID on the various Detachment and Garrison (and Legion) boards as a reflector of whichever costume I deem most relevent to that community. Thus, when I have my TK finished, on here I will be TK-####, whilst on the Royal Guard Detachment boards I will be TR-####, and so forth for all the costumes I end up with. For general boards I will go with my TR Legion designator, as my primary costume. But "in-universe" Royal Guards' records are heavily classified and my ID# wouldn't be slathered around like that. :)

--Jonah