TK-50175 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [TM][356]

Congratulations on EIB, Marc :duim:

While I agree with your rivet choice being wrong, I would leave the trimming of your knee plate. We have grown accustomed to thin knee plates simply because that is how they have been made in the past. The screen used original knee plates are a different story. They can be seen trimmed thinly right up to being how you have yours. I have altered my knee mould recently to be more like the new EFX cast directly from an original, so you should be able to have the choice of how thick you want it to look and pay more attention to having it fitted correctly (as you have).

Hopefully my illustration will make it clear.IMG_17231_zpse7235b62.jpg

B129BD1C-7D9C-4CA7-AD45-935E0584D18A-130

Thank you Paul, I will think about that. Its a good advice for dealing with it the time I may request Centurion.

Tonight is another troop and Im am already happy to slip in my armor! Cant wait to make my first troop in EIB armor! :-)

gallery_12157_16_3668.jpgI do agree with Paul that it would not hinder a Centurion application to have your sniper plate left as you have it.  However, I would take the photo example as AN example not THE example. I do not agree that ALL the costumes were built in this manner. This is a topic I am willing to discuss and be proven wrong if necessary but I have viewed almost every screen grab I have been able to view and aside from Paul's photo reference and the new EFX suit, I cannot find another pic of the sniper plate going beyond the upper shin ridge corner with any consistency to say that without a doubt ALL the suits were built like that. If you view every trooper frame by frame from the film, you will find things (weird holsters mounted upside down, open shin backs,  gaffers tape, no tube stripes, etc...) These were examples of rushed costume assembly and lack of attention to detail. Something I don't believe the Empire would really do. Long and short, we are just looking for consistency across the board.