NE helmet, need some advices

Rawgee

So i am in the process of finishing my helmet. Trimming the ears has been a hard and complex process, more than i thought... I would like to know if you think i should trim some more? If i remove more i think the top of the ear will be very thin, will that look weird? 

i9WUP2Y.jpg

When i hold it down its more flush but i still have some trimming to make it perfectly even...
jlMMN2K.jpg

Side view:
m5SVfwU.jpg

Some more trimming needs to be done in the back, not sure where to make it more even?OIIuZUh.jpg

Hmmm, I see your dilemma... I do think the ears are a little large but have zero experience to offer you. :( Hopefully a seasoned pro will step in with words of wisdom? However, I think you have a ways to go before the top is too thin. You have a bit of meat there to work with...

(I am VERY nervous about starting my ears.... I'll be watching you closely to see how it goes.) 

Looks like you can trim some more off those ears for sure, just sand a little at a time, I found running a pencil around the base of the ear with show you what needs sanding. Looking good, your nearly there :D

gallery_14191_46_13089.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Hmmm, I see your dilemma... I do think the ears are a little large but have zero experience to offer you. :( Hopefully a seasoned pro will step in with words of wisdom? However, I think you have a ways to go before the top is too thin. You have a bit of meat there to work with...

(I am VERY nervous about starting my ears.... I'll be watching you closely to see how it goes.) 

Looks like you can trim some more off those ears for sure, just sand a little at a time, I found running a pencil around the base of the ear with show you what needs sanding. Looking good, your nearly there :D

gallery_14191_46_13089.jpg

Thanks Glen, i tried your pencil trick, worked well for the right ear, i've got it flush i just need to trim it some more to make thinner. I'll post photo later today, but i think i just screwed up left side, i don't know what happened everything was going well and then one half is perfect and the other half has a big gap.. i'll take photos later... I hope i will be able to fix that otherwise i'll have to order new ear pieces...

Peter take your time my friend! But NE helmet ear pieces are crap... So don't get scared because of me, left side of the helmet is where it needed the biggest trimming work and the ear piece has less material to trim... Anyway i hope i can fix that... 

Martin

On 1/18/2014 at 2:48 PM, Rawgee said:

Here is how they turned out. Is that acceptable?

I think you did great with this. Nice neat and clean.

That right ear is a lot thinner than mine too. I didn't work on mine yesterday so maybe I'll give it another go thinning it out.

Good work!