TK HeeHaw ATA ANH Stunt Build.

After everything dried I had time to gather everything, and do the first "fitting".  A few things had to be adjusted...  The ab plate was a bit high so the strap bottons were moved up. Also brought the heat gun back out to adjust the bend in the shoulder straps to prevent the chest plate from riding too high (mentioned in post #44).

Also the thighs kept creeping down lower and left too much of a gap. Removed the garter to thigh straps, shortened, and double their thickness to decrease the thigh plate downward creep. Worked great after that.

Wish I would have taken pics for illustration purposes of all this.Will have full armor pics fairly soon.

In the mean time, had a little fun with 2 of the finished helmets. :smiley-sw013:

Dropped off my girl at school with both of us wearing our buckets. A teacher that is a SW fan got a big kick out of it and a little boy nearly climbed in our vehicle he was so excited. Neadless to say that started her day off great.

BTW there was a primary driver, peripheral vision isn't really too good in a white bucket. With kids, safety is always primary.

Note to Walt, will start a build thread for the TK kid's suit soon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told myself the same. The front cover strips are good but the back ones are really wide, and i don't feel like you need this extra width. It would be good to size them down. 

Are your back thighs cover strips as wide?

Rear cover strips are 1" or 25.4mm.  I will double check this evening. Its possible that I was thinking 1" and cut something wider.  If I did cut them too wide, will get the knife out.  :smiley-sw013:

Photobucket an I are not getting along this morning to post some correction pics.  Remeasured the back greave strips and they were (past tense) 1.5". They are now 1".  Good eye guys and thanks so much for helping out!

Has anyone tried this stuff to paint hand guards???  Its a spray that has something like a screen printing paint in it...

handgaurdpaint_zpsd0e53f40.jpg

Handgaurdspainted_zps0d706378.jpg

Thought the stuff was OK, but not great. Had some flexability and cracked some when bent the guard around. Should work OK for trooping.

Good work trimming that rear calf strip down. Make sure the strips on the back of your thighs match that width for consistency. Next is the point on that calf strip. It should be flat across the top with the corners eased just a bit. It should stop at the ridge at the top of the shin; not extend on top of it.

Never noticed the rear calf trimming until you guys mentioned it....  That would give a little bit more room when the leg is flexed during a walking stride....   Looks like a job for the Kobalt exacto knife

Thanks guys!

Looking at the vast amount of screen clips from ANH, it seems approx 3 out of 5 troopers have the rear of the calf cut down. So here's the result.

calftrimming_zps239d226f.jpg

Finally got around to sticking the hand guards on the gloves and had less than great luck with the flexible one's

flexhandguardsandgloves_zpsd4e935a6.jpg

Did not like the crack when the guards were flexed in the paint.  So I velcroed the solid plastics to an extra set of gloves.

plastichandguards_zpsb529da06.jpg

Will use the solid plastic for basic 510st submission, but will change them out when flexible ones from Sonnenschein arrive.

Also changed out the helmet padding to the "clover design" with a snap strap to hold the bucket down. Seemed to work pretty good, just had to adjust the length. Helmet padding seems to be a real personal preference thing.

Will be posting "full suit-up" pics soon, as this build journey is nearing the end. 

Thanks for everyones help.

• 2 weeks later...

Took all the pics nessasary pics for submission into Expert Inf. and noticed I have a regular rivet on my thigh ammo pack.

In this tutorial, it looks like regular rivets are holding the pack in place.

http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Tutorials-legs

Cent. requires a brad or split rivet..

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21465-anh-stunt-legion-centurion-visual-checklist/

Question:  What is the head size of the split rivet used for Centurion?  Is it the same size as the Ab/Kidney plate connection???

Full front pic. Right side forearm elastic needs to be shortened, kept falling down too low.

fullfront_zps3107a005.jpg

Full back pic, Strap on shoulder wasn't adjusted and back of boot was out.

fullback_zps8af43ac1.jpg

And a happy new TK finished w pics submitted to garrison GML.

helmetoff_zps96b809bc.jpg

Just need to finish up the E-11 blaster. Anybody got a pattern of the trigger they want to share????

Hi Dave, how have you sealed the ends of the neck trim on your helmet? Seems to be a professional job.

Thanks!

Lorenzo

Kragle!    aka. zap a gap.  

Just a little will do.