Help Identify my Armor

New here, so be easy with me please...... As I mentioned in my intro, I've had my armor for about 10 years. Did a bit of research a the time but really can't remember who/what/where, apart from it was some guy in the USA and cost me about USD$600- in a big cardboard box. Had to do all the trimming, gluing, painting, adding velcro, straps etc. I've had it mounted on a timber maequin for all this time until my 15 month old daughter sent it tumbling. A few marks, a few bits where the glue has separated, but not too bad. So, what is it? Can it be approved for the 501st? Do I rebuild it to 501st specs, or just get it together on the manequin again? Anyway, onto a bunch of pics:

ZbIq4w6.jpg75mdZWz.jpgKAlcYcK.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

That's an old FX suit you have. And there will need to be several changes, among them are belt replacement and mods to the helmet.

Paint the ab buttons to the right color.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Check this link out on getting your FX kit to Expert Infantry... which is shorthand for getting your FX to look way better. I would also suggest replacing the helmet with something more accurate if you can.

-Eric

Thanks for the replies guys. That link is great Eric. Thanks. I guess the biggest thing is the helmet. Although the kids and parents (and me at the moment) just see a white stormtrooper, fellow troopers (and me soon) will know the difference.

Derek - actually is is starting to yellow in some places. Obviously not that much that you could tell in the photos but when you get close you can, and put a new one next to it, I'm sure you'd tell. Is there anyway to fix this? Or make it into a sandtrooper the only option? Maybe I just buy a new kit......

To make it a TD you would need to remove the shoulder straps, change the lid or decals at least, new sniper knee plate, upgrade the belt to canvas (for both TK or TD) change the ab button plate among other things.

In regards to yellowing, you could repaint it white, weather it to be a sandy, or sell it and start fresh.  Personally, I think you should sell it and get a more updated kit.

In regards to yellowing, you could repaint it white, weather it to be a sandy, or sell it and start fresh.  Personally, I think you should sell it and get a more updated kit.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. As long as I don't lie about it's condition or probable brand, then buyer beware I suppose.

However, as mentioned, to the untrained eye it looks ok and is a huge talking point when visitors see it standing proud in the lounge room, so maybe leave it as is, and buy a new kit and keep it in a box away from the light when I'm not trooping.