My AP Helmet (ABS80)

Rob65

Here is my first attempt at building a tropoper lid. I chose Mark's awesome kit because all the screw holes and trim lines are marked and I didn't want to screw it up lol! This was built pretty much stock as the kit comes marked and is unpainted. I will be eventually upgrading the mic tips. Thanks to Mark for a fun and easy to build kit:)

The bad news: (or good!) This has lit a fire under me for building trooper buckets, and now I want to build a chipper painted version, so I now have one of Scootch's CAP lids on the way:)

Here it is:)

zvbd0Hq.jpgVNlhG6n.jpgmLbzrah.jpg

Robert

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Great work, Rob!!! Now get yourself some correct mic tips and some rank bars on the ears and you are set!!!  That weapon, though, is just not acceptable. In fact, it is so awful I will PM you my address so you can send it to me for proper disposal

winner winner chicken dinner?

now when can I fly on over and we go shooting at the range?

the only thing I saw was that the brow trim could have been cut on a 90

and the pinstripe tape has small gaps...

but heck... what do I know! heheheee

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Thanks for the comments :)  It's nice to have an accurate helmet. I modded my EFX lid by raising the brow and installing some GF ears, but that frown was killing me :6: Fear not, I have star foam, frown mesh and S trim on it's way from Trooperbay, and a PM to Keith about his awesome mic tips. Thanks to Gazmosis for offering to help me with my E-11, but I think I'll keep it around as a paperweight ;)

Robert :)

winner winner chicken dinner?

now when can I fly on over and we go shooting at the range?

the only thing I saw was that the brow trim could have been cut on a 90

and the pinstripe tape has small gaps...

but heck... what do I know! heheheee

You should see that sucker go with a 30 round magazine slapped in :jc_doublethumbup:  Look up "bump firing" on YouTube...it works on any semi auto.

I never noticed that about the brow trim. That and the pinstripe gaps are next on my list :)

I wish I was average size, instead of 6' 6" 300lbs, or I would be building some armor. Guess I could drop some weight and be Vader, but stormies have always been my favorite.

Edited by Rob65

vader would change your life forever... go out and get in shape and get to building that vader!

Yeah, back aroud 2003 or so I had a Classic Action Vader helm, Galaxy trading armor, shins, gloves and scratchbuilt belt and chest boxes, but other projects intervened and I ended up selling it all :(

There are a lot more choices for Vader helms today. I'll keep it in mind:)

Robert

Edited by Rob65

You should see that sucker go with a 30 round magazine slapped in :jc_doublethumbup:  Look up "bump firing" on YouTube...it works on any semi auto.

I never noticed that about the brow trim. That and the pinstripe gaps are next on my list :)

I wish I was average size, instead of 6' 6" 300lbs, or I would be building some armor. Guess I could drop some weight and be Vader, but stormies have always been my favorite.

I have a 30 rd mag want me to bring it with me?