Advice needed-Thigh alignment issues & cover strips

Barcoder

So, I have hit a point where I think I need some advise/help...

The back of my right thigh doesn't line up flush, as the left does. I am not sure if this is normal for some types of armours or it has to do with my kit being recast. Anyway, below is a pic of the issue. I am quite positive I eff'd this up by not paying close attention. :(

s48tXOc.jpg

Here is what was trimmed off. Basically the same thing...

9VADYk5.jpg

Would this be an acceptable option? I would end up with an angled seam that would require a much larger cover strip... Do the edges need to meet flush?

Any suggestions or advise?

As you can see, the left thigh would join with no issues.

o1DorZa.jpg

My other question is about the cover strips on the back of the thighs. To get the screen accurate 20 mm in front, the backs will end much wider than 20 mm. Would the cover strips end up going over the entire back (red arrows) or use 20-25 mm strips as normal? (blue arrows) 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

dont worry about the backs. align the front straight and accurate like normal then wrap the backs around your leg and tape it together comfortably. most of the back will be trimmed of so when you put the cover strip on itll look right. as for the extra edge on the right side, you can cut that whole back area off up about an inch or however to make bending knees more comfortable

ok... keep the backs like that.

now let's see the front.

some of the final trimming on the parts is done after you've joined the front of each thigh.

cut the front overlaps down to 5/8 on each side. this creates the footprint for the front cover strip. which should be around 1"

you will trim the back of the armor before adding the rear cover strips.

it's best to get the fronts assembled first, with alignment from the top down.

then add the front cover strip.

then put them on and check the rears.

take your time with each step, trimming is not always done in the beginning of assembly.

if you need more detailed advice let me see the fronts.

Yes, do the fronts first--they are more crucial for getting the right look. On mine, the fronts look pretty decent (with 23mm cover strips), but I had to do a little work on the back to get them looking acceptable. My thighs are relatively thick at the top from cycling so there was actually about a half inch gap when I joined up the rear. This gap was covered with the cover strip--which was wider than usual (26mm)--and I inserted a wedge to fill in the gap. As you can see, I tapered the rear cuts so that I wouldn't end up with thick cylindrical thighs. I'm not 100% happy with the backs of the thighs, but they'll do until I upgrade to new armour.

Bs22Zv4.jpg

Alrighty, looks like I'm not in that much of a pickle after all. Thank you guys, very much! <breathes sigh of relief> I think I understand what I have to do now.

As you can see from the fronts of the thighs, everything is in order there.

658172N.jpg

My main concern was that the backs had to line up flush with a continuous curved edge, like the fronts. I have looked at some other pics of armour on here that's not always the case. My question about the covers strips on the back seemed to be answered as well. Thanks.

Thanks again for your advice & help guys. Much appreciated!