Jump to content

OT"s (Tk4746) T-21 build


Recommended Posts

So guys here is my pic  portfolio of my progression of building my take on a T-21.

Firstly let me say this- that this is not to be a scale copy of a Lewis Gun conversion. I have looked at many of my fellow Legionnaires   projects & have taken what I like & left out what I don't. I'm no master builder, if any thing  my skills are to my thinking are lacking but ill give it my best.

100_5597.jpg

Start of the mag plate note template yes I left out the raw frame shots

100_5602.jpg

Stoke & Breech with template

100_5607.jpg

Pistol grip frame & outer side of pistol grip   with template 

 100_5611.jpg

PVC piping which will form up the barrel

100_5595.jpgthe brass pipe end caps will make up my stock pull through compartment

Edited by Old Trooper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

100_57061.jpg

Ring of PVC that will make up the non seen space of the 2 different gauges of pipe that will form the barrel

100_57051.jpg

The barrel end (small end) taped to be cut out flues to lessen weight.

100_57081.jpg

Exit end of barrel inner flaring(black rubber reducing link)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

100_57191.jpg

Bogging to heighten the finishing detail of the rear of the breech

100_5724.jpg

100_5725.jpg

assembly of the cooling fins

100_5728.jpg

Another dry fit just to get a feel of were I'm going next

note: the detail on the breech

Edited by Old Trooper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

100_5736.jpg

Fitting, Gluing & bogging of the reducing section of the barrel ( Cut down plastic Drinking cups)

100_5740.jpg

Fitting & Gluing of arg pipe (representing ribbing on the barrel)

100_5739.jpg

Fitting & gluing in of the black rubber reducer for detail of the exit of the barrel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

So here are my pic's of the near finish product hope you like them

IMG_00391.jpg

Right side view

IMG_0040-1.jpg

Fore end of Barrel

IMG_0041-1.jpg

Mid Section of barrel

IMG_0042-1.jpg

Aft end of the barrel

IMG_0044-1.jpg

Couplers & cooling fins

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

Right side of breech & Pistol grip

IMG_0050-1.jpg

The butt with the cleaning compartment detail

Yes I know that there is no trigger but because of Australian fire arms & prohibited law I played it safe with the law

Edited by Old Trooper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking good, I must admit I added a trigger and electronics, too bad if the law don't like it LOL, well done so far :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Great build. Thanks for sharing. Can you tell me -- did you start with Terry's (Panda Trooper's) template and if so, more importantly, how did you print it out? Wondering if everyone's got large-format printers in their homes or if everyone is going to Kinkos to print the thing out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HI yes I did start with Panda troopers template and went from there. How I Printed it out was a matter of trail and error (more error & very trying :6: )Basically down loaded the template converted it to PDF file then if memory service me right through reducing print size until I got the correct size on a series of A4 sheets. This was achieved by using a tape measure & the measurements that a on template. Hint start with a section will easily fit on A4
By noting the measurement on the template for that section
adjust Print size til the reduction equates to actual measurement on the paper (remember/ write down that reduction percentage) and apply to the rest of the template .
You will have to have some over lap to line up. This will take time and patience. :icon_beg:  :coffee2: 
The cut and paste(sticky tape) sections together to give you the butt & breach component
and same for the mag plate & rear sight base

I hope this is some help. PS I've transferred my paper template to Styrene so never have to do that again :smiley-sw013:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Chris - Yeah it was a lot of work but what you described worked well. Printed it out onto 24 pages of 8.5x11" paper, cut the top and left edge of each, and taped 'em together. Printed out a couple copies of some of the key parts that needed transferring. 

 

I scribbled graphite all over the back of the paper and then put the paper face-up (with graphite on the wood) on the wood and then traced the template drawing. That transferred the design to the wood. 

 

I like your idea of simply holding onto styrene cut-outs! Gonna do that if I ever decide to do another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...