Possible boots to modify?

----------

So I saw the above boots and was thinking about doing some modifications with scissors and elastic to make them look like Chelseas somewhat. Has anyone tried this or something similar? Any tips or suggestions? Thanks all

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

A:  Like Dizzy said, You can't be cheap on boots.

B:  Those aren't even shaped remotely like they'd need to be in order to be usable for Armor.

If it were even possible, I imagine that you'd spend a fortune trying to modify those and I imagine it would also take a substantial skill set.  I don't know what that actual skill set is, but it would have to be substantial.  Beyond all of that, for basic Legion approval, all TK CRLs require "Leather or leather-like material."  As those are rubber, I highly doubt that you'd even receive basic level Legion approval.

I went cheap on boots and am regretting it a bit, I got some cheap leather jodhpurs off fleabay. I thought they'd do until TKBoots get their stock situation sorted but they look very little like the pictures, they are leather but plastic coated and very tight on the bridge, I am going to have to get the plastic coating off before I paint them and also going to have to soak them and let them dry on me to break them in, then paint them..

With hindsight and the amount I have spent and am going to spend I wish I'd have not been so cheap on the boots, live and learn I s'pose  ;)

Like Tim said...do not go down that road...they will not pass basic approval...

Spend good money on good boots, you do a lot walking and standing around...that calls for quality shoes.....:-)...

I will NEVER EVER be cheap when it comes to my footwear....you can find excellent Loakes, barely used on ebay if you do not want to spend 150 pounds on a new pair ( eventhough that would be my recommendation)...:-)

Edited by SorenM