thesandwichlivz's ANH Stunt RT-Mod Build

What was I thinking?!

I've been diligently assembling my armour and realized *gasp* I never started a thread!

But seriously, I'll start uploading pics soon. I've got the arms pretty much finished and have begun taping up the legs. But first I have a couple questions:

I'm in the process of getting in better physical shape (and much to the Mrs. delight), my biceps are getting bigger. I decided to go with the overlap method with the biceps, mainly because I may need to re-adjust / re-size them a little bit down the road. 

However comma, I want to use the coverstrip / butt-join method whenever possible, because lets face it, it looks sharp. Is a mix match method allowed / authorized?

I would love to shoot for Centurion, but knowing that I'll be purposefully growing in size makes the more permanent nature of coverstrip less appealing. 

And as a side note, is the Hero neck seal useable with Stunt armor? I was scouring the forums and couldn't find that question before. I know there are differences mainly the bib and number of ribs, but is it that specific for EIB?

Thanks for the time and help all!

[Kyle}

Even doing the overlap system you can still add cover strips, I have seen it done a few time and it takes a trained eye to notice it ;)

I don't think you will have any problems using a hero neck seal, most wouldn't know the difference.

Looking forward to some photos :D

Even doing the overlap system you can still add cover strips, I have seen it done a few time and it takes a trained eye to notice it ;)

I don't think you will have any problems using a hero neck seal, most wouldn't know the difference.

*mindblown* well this changes EVERYTHING!  :0Lighten:

here's some pics from the build thus far:

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

No, I didn't ACTUALLY do the dishes in my gloves. But I did do the dishes eventually.

IMG_2593.jpg

Charlie, from my local garrison (Titan up here in WA), came over to help me get everything sorted and help me get started. Having someone from the garrison there really helped me out. Thanks Charlie!

IMG_2664.jpg

I'm not using fabritac, im using e6000 , I swear!

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

I had some friends come over and help me with the shoulder straps and spacing. This is before we made corrections to make them even in the back. I used a boiling pot of water and some tongs to get the fit right. 

IMG_2739.jpg

I'm having a ton of fun putting it all together. I think I finally got the spacing right on the straps for the upper half. I'll have the Mrs. take some pics without me posing in a FB selfie manner, lol. 

Edited by thesandwichlivz

Hooray for more RT-MOD troopers! 

I suggest doing the coverstrip method for your biceps but use E-6000 so you can take them apart later. RT biceps are indeed pretty huge. I had to trim mine down. 

Keep us posted on your progress :)

-Eric

Coverstrips it shall be! but currently I'm attending my sisters wedding in Florida. I'll upload more pics a bit later. 

Are there any builds on the forums that use both? I'm only tracking the coverstrip method

Alrighty, here we go! I did a test fitting tonight and I've got a couple questions. 

IMG_2821.jpg

Ok, thats everything so far. Shoulder bells feel right, but I think I'm going to shorten the right forearm to bicep strap a bit and make them even. Now for me "problem" area:

IMG_2822.jpg

So this. I'm a bit picky when it comes to wearing armour. IRL, when I wear my body armor for work, it's extremely snug. I'm not sure if TK armor is supposed to fit the same way. Anyways, visually, this protruding bit bothers me. Functionally, it doesn't get in the way or cause any discomfort. I've already cut quite a bit off the kidney plate, normally making half inch cuts each time. I'm apprehensive of making a cut on the ab plate mostly because it takes off right into the angle. So the question is, just how tight does the ab to kidney section need to be?

Would foam pieces inserted under the armor help? 

I'm also aware that the fabric belt (whenever it arrives) might also help out with this. And I am using velco to hold it together, but maybe 2 snaps at the top will do the trick? 

IMG_2823.jpg

Helmet fit: $%#$#^ 

So, never having worn such awesomeness, I have no idea how its supposed to fit. Is it normal to almost have almost zero head movement (left / right) before the bottom parts of the helmet hit the chest piece? I'm going to tinker with the inside a bit eventually, but right now the helmet seems about right viewing wise. Also, my wife is short and I was looking down a bit. Thanks for taking the time to read!

IMG_2791.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ok I've made some progress, but I'm running into some issues in the lower half of my body:

photo.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_6.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Ok here's where the issue comes up. The legs. I feel the clatter is too much and there is not enough space in the knee area. So I'm wondering: do I trim off the top of the thigh and bring them up? or do I trim down the bottom of the calf and let them down? Also, I'm aware I havent finished the crotch pieces so that part is not secured.

photo_2.jpg

photo_4.jpg

The top feels nice and tight. I still need  to trim the fore arms down, I'm guessing at the top to make everything even? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the reason you're having trouble is that RT-MOD is made for a taller dude.

The problem is that your cod (and butt) is too low (har har) and your thighs can't come up high enough. (I'll leave the fact that your shins are taller than most alone)

I suggest trying to fix things with strapping before doing any trimming of parts. If you can do two things I think you can get more room for your thighs to come up.

• First is to shorten your shoulder elastic. That will bring your chest and back up higher and therefore your whole torso up.
  • Second is to try and bring your ab plate up a bit. While that may mess up the alignment of your back pieces it will bring the cod up nicely. 

Since RT has a separate cod the worst case is that you have to eventually trim the top of your cod a bit. If you do something as drastic as that you may need to do the same to your butt plate. Please do one thing at a time and try it on before you cut anything else. The last resort is doing anything to the legs at all. 

-Eric