TK-10666 Requesting ESB stunt EIB Status [NE][APPROVED] 2nd

Name: Anthony Paladino

TK ID: 10666

Garrison: Empire City

FISD ID: Redforce

Armor: NE

Helmet: AP (built and detailed by Darthvoorhees)

Blaster: Scratch built bought off Ebay

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 215 lbs

Boots: TK Boots

Neck Seal: Darman

Holster: Vern

Gloves: Rubber (bought off amazon)

Handguards: NE

Belt: Trooperbay

IMG_1310_zps86007560.jpgIMG_1356_zpse5c6f907.jpgIMG_1307_zpscc8f4c0f.jpgIMG_1317_zps5aefbf9e.jpgIMG_1296_zps5cc78f66.jpg6_zpsb9f6411f.jpg51_zpsd13808e9.jpg22_zpsca85c2a1.jpg18_zps889cb2ff.jpg21_zps2998bfef.jpg19_zps30fc33b3.jpg52_zpsc000a8e6.jpg53_zpse15be79f.jpg11_zpsb8e0e66a.jpgcenturion2_zpse63e76b1.jpgcenturion1_zps5b1d2f06.jpg13_zps01fd805a.jpgIMG_1339_zpse2f1b367.jpgIMG_1341_zps839bac10.jpgIMG_1344_zps0572ae41.jpgIMG_1340_zps19d50a3f.jpg20131008_072706_zps414aade9.jpgIMG_1338_zps965539a6.jpgIMG_1334_zps4947cfb7.jpgIMG_1332_zps096f5b09.jpgIMG_1330_zpscdebb8bf.jpgIMG_1326_zps56c535f8.jpg36_zpsb13a92d6.jpg37_zpsaa8d9fd7.jpgIMG_1350_zps477c95f7.jpgIMG_1352_zps5792bbbc.jpgIMG_1347_zps4d19e239.jpgIMG_1346_zpsedd407b2.jpg

IMG_1345_zpsd71c6135.jpg

IMG_0454_zps2559af06.jpg

IMG_1366_zpsefeca36b.jpg

Hi there. Your left hand side pic shows a problem with the crotch sticking out.

I would have suggested shortening the crotch strap but cannot see it in any of you armour pictures.

Was it attached for the photos ?

You certainly have ESB shoulders there.

Here are some "suggestions" as asked for.

My first impressions are that the suit looks large on you but it does tend to match up to your height and weight.

You have left quite a lot of return edge on a lot of your armour. This is helping with the chunky look.

Your thighs could have also been made a bit smaller especially round The knees.

I need to compare some ESB blaster pics against your pipe build blaster for comparison.

It's up to you to choose to make changes in these areas.

I will get back to you on the blaster.

My crotch IS sticking out a bit in that left hand picture. I believe it was attached in the photos.

I will take new photos with a shortened strap so it does not stick out...

The suit is very snug on me. It feels great in the fit....it is definitely not too large...yes......maybe the return edge bulks it a bit...

The upper region of my thighs are very chunky and then they get drastically smaller down towards my knee caps (fat at the top... skinny by the knee).  From the middle up to the top part of the thigh... armor is fitted very tight.

I do see what you mean about taking it in a little smaller around the knee caps according to what is shown in the photos....

I would have to pull the thighs apart and trim them down in a more upside down triangular cut.....The top of my thigh armor can not be trimmed at all. It is VERY tight up there now.

There is a part of me that feels the top of my thigh would look too big in comparison as you look down my thigh towards the knee...if I trimmed them to exact fit down at the knee...

I'm not sure if I want to do that to these thigh pieces.  I would consider getting another set of thighs and trimming them exactly down to my leg size if that is what must be done for my ESB to be at EIB level....

I will post photos of myself with a better fitted crotch area with in a few days..

Thank you for the feedback

Quick update....new photos will be posted soon. My schedule life has been ridiculous since my last post..... overwhelmed with work ...it should be slowing down this week

Edited by Redforce

Here are new photos. In the first time around.....I had the snap on the elastic connected to the first male snap (towards the front of butt plate closest to crotch) which aloud the crotch to stick out....I reconnected it to the back one....I believe it looks good now....I also took another snap shot of the crotch-butt connection since I took the photo after I removed the elastic the first time around..

front_zps35d4a52a.jpg

RIGHT2_zpsd2b82e77.jpg

LEFT_zps1344c51e.jpg

BACK_zps0636072f.jpg

crotchconnect_zpsffb00ca8.jpg

Edited by Redforce

Anthony,

It's clear you've worked pretty hard on your ESB. You're slowly becoming a TK addict for sure. 

Just a quick question... are your cover strips made from a different color ABS than your NE? It's probably not a big deal in person but its noticeable in the photos. My belt is a totally different color than my armor so I may just be overly sensitive to such things. 

I'm clearing you for your second ESB but I have a few suggestions for you before you apply for Centurion. Hopefully they won't seem to harsh... after all... this is my first EIB application I've reviewed in an official capacity ;)

CRL Related

N/A - Approved

Other 

N/A - Approved

Centurion Suggestions

• Your blaster is fine for EIB but it isn't accurate enough for Centurion. I'll let the blaster nit pickers comment but the few things that stand out are the holes in the barrel are missing, the front sight is solid, the t-track doesn't go into the holes, and the rear sight isn't the right shape. 
  • I would suggest finding a way to keep your shoulder bells down a bit. I think there are a couple ESB TKs with flared out shoulder bells but most of them seem to have them closer to their body. Annoyingly the ESB CRL for EIB says that this costume shouldn't have elastic around the biceps. I don't agree. If I can find some research to refute it I may be changing the CRL soon. More on that later. 
  • I think the return edges on your sniper knee look a little large. It may also be at a somewhat off angle in relation to the ridge on the shin. Here are some screen captures and lucasfilm archive references: 
  • The last thing is just a general tightening up of your strapping. The back/kidney/butt need to be closer together. I think maybe your cod can come up (I seem to be saying that a lot lately) which will help the all the backside connections connection. If your cod comes up maybe your thighs can go up a smidge too. 

Does anyone have any other (constructive) suggestions for TK-10666? 

Congrats on your second EIB trooper!

-Eric

Eric, thank you for reviewing my application...

and Yes....I worked hard and will continue to work hard on the follow through with the ESB to centurion (: as I will with my next TK build....

The cover strips I have are the ABS provided with the NE kits to cut the cover strips......and yes...it certain lighting in photos...I see what you mean. It looks good and correct in color to the armor in person though as you would think.

Thank you for clearing me for EIB

As for the centurion suggestions. They all make sense to me...

1) I'm doing the research on making my blaster at centurion level accuracy and will have changes on it for my centurion application for sure...

2) I'm confident I can find a way for those shoulder bells to come in more...

3) I will do corrections to the knee plate (slice down on the return edge and check on alignment)

4) .....and I will try your suggestions on bettering the strapping/back side alignment - bring up thighs

Thank you again for clearing my EIB and for the centurion suggestions!

Edited by Redforce

• 3 months later...