Gil's RT ESB Build

Well I have had the nice brown box sitting in my closet now for 5 months and I've now figured that the time to start building my ESB TK is now. 

It's my first time building anything of this nature so please bear with me and my silly questions ;)

No way I could have a brown box sitting there for 5 months, in saying that sometimes it's best to take your time, good luck with the build, we will be watching :D

Something that's not very clear in walkthroughs and in the instructions is on most pieces it looks like you can fit both halfs together where they sit inside the grooves or do they glue on the outside edges and then covered with a strip?. 

What I mean by sit inside the groves

10072013008_zpsda6304ed.jpg

What I mean by edges

10072013010_zps70211a95.jpg

I just want to make 100% sure before I start gluing everything.

Thanks,

For EIB and Centurion you should really butt join and use cover strips, a great butt joining thread here

For trimming pieces some use the score and snap method, you can use scissors but my favorite tool is my Dremel, or should I say cheapy knock off version of one, basically use a cutting disc for straight lines and a sanding drum for all the curves :D. Don't panic yet I am sure you will do fine.