TK-6682 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [RS] [337]

HomerSuspicious.gif

i am comparing vecspeed12's to mindbender's photos and noticed one guy is much taller than the other.... maybe the straps while on vecspeed12 "appeared" thinner because of his nba player height?

If I had the exact measurements for the straps for EIB/Centurion I would change them but, I will not change them based on a TM spec sheet.

I may be missing it but but I cannot find the specifics. 

Can anyone help?

I like the suit even if the holster tabs are a bit wide. That's an easy fix. 5 minutes and a sharp blade.

But you know very well that previous approvals doesn't matter, even for basic approval of a new owner.

Yes i know of this rule. I was just implying that others with the same holster strap width have passed.

Yes i know of this rule. I was just implying that others with the same holster strap width have passed.

It's an easy thing to overlook. All DO's have their pet peeves that they spend more focus on. Mine were the sniper knee and knee belt for example. Phil likes his holsters.

Well well well guys.

I have been away on business for the past few days and have come back to this spectacle.

It doesn't matter what has been passed before.

Different DO's see different things.

The holster hanging strap widths are too wide I and I wanted to take this up with Rob and Simon at RS as to where they got their measurements from.

Time and time again, it has been illustrated that not every detail is written in the CRL.

The film screen shots are the source material.

Source material is not previous applicants pictures.

I like to promote constructive critique.

The comments posted up about the measurements diagram is a superb example of helping.

The comments about, my old armour passed like this unfortunately doesn't help.

The comments from one member of FISD staff was supportive.

Whilst the other comment from an FISD staff member was frankly embarrassing.

I reluctantly grant a pass on this application with its 30mm holster straps.

It is not a CRL comparison.

It is a visual comment.

It is a catagory that falls into armour construction.

It is an area that could have been addressed with a Sharp knife for no cost to the applicant by trimming 5mm from either side of the strap to bring it in closer to 20mm

It may have even looked fine at 25mm

It just didn't look right at 30mm

So..

This applicant has his EIB pass.

I don't want to see another 30mm strap, it isn't likely going to achieve a centurion award.

The

• Like 1

So... is it 20mm or 25mm?

Submitted for Centurion Status 30 seconds ago so I must now ASAP.

Thanks!

Edited by TK6682

It's not an exact science.

20mm is the norm.

You may have got away with 25mm as it may not have been picked up during a visual inspection.

30mm was picked up as looking too wide.

In general I could pass a 6' trooper with a very long holster but fail a 5' trooper wearing the same holster if it looked too long and extended beyond the length of the thigh armour.

Thank you, But i didn't want to "get away" with anything. If there is not consistency with acceptance, what is the point?

BTW: This dude at 5'8" didn't get hassled...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25237-tk-24127-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-rs/page-2

And also got a congratulations.

How disappointing.

Try to keep us posted on this. I would like to know. I think Gino said he had got his hands on a complete original set. Curious as to his thoughts.

Rob from RS replied about the holster straps as follows.

Hi Phil, we have them made for us, I checked the old batch we have which are 25mm, but the new ones are 20mm, which seems to be the correct size, that right?

He also offered the following.

Yeah, if we need to we can replace the tan straps for people.

I don't think they need to replace them when it's an easy mod to change

• 2 weeks later...